Crestline Windows? Good, Bad, Average?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mgiannet4599

Crestline Windows? Good, Bad, Average?

#1 Post by mgiannet4599 »

Are Crestline (CrestFit) replacement windows a good deal. I am looking to use them for double hung replacements. Has anyone heard good or bad about them?

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

Tried to service some once. Factory indicated they only kept replacement parts for about 5 years, these were 9. Unhappy homeowner. Not sure when they were purchased by Weathershield. Things may have changed. Not many here, were sold through Norandex/Reynolds locally.

jef4061

Crestline is junk

#3 Post by jef4061 »

We built a new house in WI two years ago and used Crestline

It started leaking and the windows got fogged up within 6 month.
Menards wouldnt honor the warranty - Crestline blamed us. They said there was too much condensation in our home - which is crap.

Never buy Crestline

larry boyer

#4 Post by larry boyer »

I installed Crestline windows in my old house. They weren't vinyl inserts tho. I was extremely pleased with them. My new house has new vinyl replacement windows and they are garbage. They are sold by Norandex/Reynolds who I have found out will not do anything for you except to ridicule you, tell you the windows are supposed to have moisture on the inside, (that is how you tell they are working they say), call you names and accuse you of lying. If that doesn't get you off their back, then they say that you bought cheap windows and you should just live with it. Stay away from them. Also, the line of windows they sell are made by Atrium windows and Doors. They are not any better. larry

Bombadil

#5 Post by Bombadil »

Where is the fog on your windows?

By "inside" do you mean inside the window, between the panes of glass? Or on the inside of the window, on the glass surface facing your room?

If the latter, then what they are telling you may be correct. You can get moisture/fog on the inside surface if your home has too much humidity.

But if it is between the panes on a sealed window, then you have a window failure.

larry boyer

#6 Post by larry boyer »

The moisture is on the inside towards the living quarters. I realize that moisture can develop on windows if there is a lot of humidity in the house. I usually keep the humidity about 25% to 35%. If it gets below 25% you can't stand it in my house do to the static. If it was just moisture I wouldn't mind, but it turns to ice and continues to build up. The locks had to be replaced by factory within 3 months of installation because they were all rusty. I have an air filtration problem which the contractor and factory refuse to admit is there. The temperature by these windows gets down to low thirties if the wind is blowing at all. There are heat registers in the floor below most of these windows and my heating is only 3 years old. It is a high efficiency unit which does remove moisture from the air inside. Last winter you couldn't sit by any window in my house because you would freeze. It was actually more comfortable in my basement because you didn't feel the drafts there. I did not have this problem with the old windows allthough I did put plastic over them. I have already started to put plastic over the new windows as I don't like being cold and it is obvious that nothing is going to change before winter. Lawyer said I can't remove them till after we go to court. Larry Boyer

jef4061

#7 Post by jef4061 »

I also got moisture on the inside of my Crestline windows.
They are junk.