Compare Simonton to Associated Materials/Window World

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jamaicajoe008

Compare Simonton to Associated Materials/Window World

#1 Post by jamaicajoe008 »

Hi, I live in Dallas.TX. I have a need to replace about 45 windows :(

After talking to many contractors, I have narrowed down to Clear Choice (with windows made by Simonton) and Window World (with windows made by Associated Materials Inc. or AMI).

Price wise, they are coming to about the same - about 17K for 45 windows. for similar rating of SGHC. Some minor noticable differences between the Simonton and AMI windows - but I am a novice in this field.

Any recommendations or advise to choose one over the other? any input comparing the manufacturers, Simonton v/s AMI?

Thanks in advance!

Delaware Mike

Re: Compare Simonton to Associated Materials/Window World

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

What window series "made by Simonton" is Clear Choice offering for that price range?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Simonton is the better of those two option without a doubt. I believe that Clear Choice pays their installers better as well, so that should equal a better installation... That said, in that extreme climate I'd look at a better product like Softlite or Sunrise. There is a board pro named Randy that sells both (if I'm not mistaken) in Dallas, among other quality options. You'll pay more for a superior product, but when it comes value, he won't be beat.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

#1 to soft lite or sunrise and I would definitely contact Randy. he is a great guy and one of the most honest contractors you will ever meet.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Of the two choices you have mention , Simonton hands down.
As mentioned Soft-lite would be a better selection, it may put you in the $20K range.
Obviously depends on current conditions and specs for new product.
Last edited by TheWindowNerd on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

It had been my understanding that Clear Choice was offering the Vista Panorama series as their primary vinyl product for franchise owners. Vista did partner up with Simonton a few years back for enhanced distribution out west. The windows are not the same product to the best of my knowledge? I do prefer it to anything Window World and Alside offers. I agree with the other Pros that contacting Randy and looking at some better products would be a good idea.

jamaicajoe008

#7 Post by jamaicajoe008 »

Delaware Mike wrote:It had been my understanding that Clear Choice was offering the Vista Panorama series as their primary vinyl product for franchise owners. Vista did partner up with Simonton a few years back for enhanced distribution out west. The windows are not the same product to the best of my knowledge? I do prefer it to anything Window World and Alside offers. I agree with the other Pros that contacting Randy and looking at some better products would be a good idea.
All, Thanks a bunch for all your input. The windows offered by Clear Choice has a brochure that says "Clear Choice Signature Series". I am trying to find out what exact series of Simonton these windows map to.

Can someone provide some website, email or tel-no of Randy?

Appreciate it!

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

You can find Randy on this thread, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4934 . He has a Get Quote button by his name. Anthony, who commented earlier in this thread, serves that area as well and is also highly recommended. I believe that they serve different areas based on zip code, so you'd have to see which one covers your exact location.

jamaicajoe008

#9 Post by jamaicajoe008 »

Thanks, I will get in touch with Randy.

Delaware Mike is right. I learnt just now that the windows being offered by Clear Choice is Vista Panorama series. I am told that Vista is owned by same company that owns Simonton, and that the Panorama is same as Simonton 6500 (VantagePointe series) as they are made in the same factory and same assembly line (am sure there will be minor differences). Incidentally, Home Depot also offers the Simonton 6500. I would appreciate if some one can comment if the Vista Panorama, in general, is better than the Window World/AMI window or not.

Thanks!

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

I would say that the Vista Panorama is indeed a better choice than Alside, that said, it is no better than average IMO. On the relation to Simonton, that is a complete fabrication. I would disqualify whoever gave you that info immediately as they are either woefully uninformed, or flat out lying.