Okna Window Cost?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
DavefromMD

Okna Window Cost?

#1 Post by DavefromMD »

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about Certainteed windows.

I had gotten 3 quotes from reputable installers.

The quote I got for the Certainteed was about $400 per window.

I also got a quote for Ownens Corning vclass window (made by Sunrise) for $550 per window.

Thompson Creek gave me $750 per window. Out of my price range.

The $400 per window is a low overhead operation with good references that all they do is install windows and doors so I thought that may be why their price was lower. Consumers Reports had OK things to say about the window but I still wasn't sure.
I saw some reviews that said they weren't so good. I found this board and there seems to be many respected contributers on here. Based on what they had to say, I am not going to go with the Certainteed.

I see a lot of touting the Okna windows on here which has me wondering what the price is on those?
I have 9 windows and a small basement wing window to replace.
The 9 main windows break down this way.
4 - 36 x 54
3 - 36 x 38
2 - 36 x 64

I'm replacing original Anderson wooden double pane windows. The house was built in 1973. Air infiltration is minimal but the balances are breaking and we would like a window that is easier to clean.

HomeSealed

Re: Okna Window Cost?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Really hard to say without a bunch more detail, and even then it will vary by dealer. Generally speaking, you should be able to get into the 500 series around the same price as that sunrise. 800 will be more, but should still come in under that Thompson creek price unless it is completely loaded up with options. Both the 500 and 800 are top performers.