Vinyl Replacement Window choices!!!!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
vsd79

Vinyl Replacement Window choices!!!!

#1 Post by vsd79 »

It is time to replace the 30 yr old wood windows in my house and as you all may know it gets more and more confusing as I get more quotes. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the following quotes from dealers that fit in my budget and I was looking for opinions on which way to go. I have 14 DH (6) 78UI- (3) 86ui (3)66UI (2) 90UI, 3 Picture (1) 121ui- (1) 102ui -(1) 54UI,1 Casement 82ui and 1 72" sliding glass door:

1) Home depot install : Simonton 6100 series with Low E Glass upgrade for $11,500
2) Nationwide Window and Siding for $11,320
3 American Jewel 1700 double glazed for $9600
4) I am waiting for a quote from Lowes on the United 4800 series but from what I heard from the installer who measured my windows it should be close to the HD price.

I had a quote for Soft-lite Bainbridge but they were $14000 and that is out of my budget.

Which way do I go????

Delaware Mike

Re: Vinyl Replacement Window choices!!!!

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

To be honest, I don't like any of your options. I think you can do better product wise that matches some of the prices that you have been quoted. I wouldn't let HD or Lowes subs anywhere near my house under any circumstances.

vsd79

#3 Post by vsd79 »

Mike,

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any suggestions on windows in that price range?

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

As far as recommending products goes that you may be able to get into within that price range you may want to seek out the OKNA/HiMark 400/500 series, Affinity Energex Elite/Advantage series, and the Polaris offerings. Without knowing the exact details of your project installation wise and more about any options on the windows it's hard to pinpoint if the Soft-Lite dealer was off base by being as high as they were or not.

Your best option if he serves your area would be to seek out one the resident Pro's (masterext) as he carries several of the windows that I listed above. You can find him contributing on some of the older posts on this board and I'm sure some of my colleagues will chime in and post a link with his "get a quote" icon on it.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

If you in his coverage area, you would be well served to talked to masterext.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Spot on advice above. Most of the pricing that you have received is at the "premium" level, however IMO the products are not. Masterext is a true pro, you'd be well served to contact him. Good product recommendations by Delaware mike... Depending on options and install type, you could possibly get a top performer like the Okna in the $10k range

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Not a fan of american jewel at all. the united 4800 is their lower end line. The soft lite is the better quality window but it was pricied ridiculously high.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would also suggest that you contact masterext by clicking the "Get a Quote" button by his name.
The HiMark 400DX or 500DX would be great product choices.