Sunrise Windows tilt-in sliders? Various series of windows?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Sunrise Windows tilt-in sliders? Various series of windows?

#16 Post by Window4U (IL) »

HomeSealed wrote:The 3 lines (Restorations, Vanguard, and base Sunrise) are all based on the same base window, so there won't be a huge difference in appearance (I think perhaps some locks change and stuff like that). The main thing will be some of the upgrades that improve the performance. Sunrise is a very narrow-lined extrusion, so I like to see it with the reinforcement, particularly when you get into double hungs that are a little bit wider.
In terms of value and price, it is really impossible to say. Different dealers will have different costs on the product depending on their volume, and then there will be a myriad of factors that go into determining the price that they sell it for. You may find one guy in the $500 range and another over $1000, and everywhere in between.
Don't forget about the Verde. It's the 4th Sunrise based off their regular window, correct?

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

Yep. I think the Verde is a step down from the Restorations and Vanguard though...

Paul5

#18 Post by Paul5 »

I think this whole thing about windows manufactures having different lines that are not public knowledge a very confusing thing to the consumer. Sure the Toyota web site only lists their Toyota brands and not their Lexus, but I see many cars of most brands on the streets everyday. I don't see, however, a bunch of replacement windows going past me every day with a label on them saying Vanguard, nor do I see it in the Yellow Pages, not do I see it on some TV commercial, nor do I see it in some general magazine ad. If I go around looking at houses and see a window that looks nice, the window doesn't say Vanguard or whatever.

I could have very well bought a Sunrise Standard not knowing that there were other lines available, possible adding a whole bunch of options that were already included in the Restorations, and possibly spent more money than if I had gotten the Restorations to begin with. And I wouldn't have the extra frame reinforcements.

So say as you like about the amount of research I have done or quotes that I might get, by wouldn't I be better off know more about what I'm getting than going out in buying and some cheapo window because that's what people are trying to sell me?

If I had know in the first place about some of this stuff, I wouldn't have some many quotes to begin with not to mention that some gave quotes on windows I didn't ask for and was not even interested in.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

It is not to create confusion but is aimed and getting market saturation.

Sunrise (insert any manufacturer name here as well) will sell more product if they have 3 dealers selling different products under different name sakes.

sammia

#20 Post by sammia »

Windows on Washington wrote:It is not to create confusion but is aimed and getting market saturation.

Sunrise (insert any manufacturer name here as well) will sell more product if they have 3 dealers selling different products under different name sakes.
But what I want and expect from Sunrise or any other manufacturer is openness and transparancy. When I go to Sunrise inc looking for windows I expect to be told about ALL of their windows and not lied to by some of their agents. During my purchasing process I was repeatedly told that Sunrise only made TWO windows, Sunrise and Essentials. So I come on here to gauge feedback and lo and behold I see people mention Restoration and Vanguard but guess what, go to the Sunrise website and neither of those two are mentioned anywhere. So now I'm even more confused.Maybe the're old lines and not available anymore, who knows. And in the background i have a Sunrise dealer hounding me to make a decision. It's not everyone that will want or can afford the top of the line range so why not be more open and offer them to the customer. After all they are from the same company. If I hadn't been like a dog with a bone and eventually got the information I required my sale could have been lost to Sunlite or Okna or some other competitor. I will be taking this matter up with Sunrise directly and will let you know what they say but a BIG thank you to all on here for helping me along the way.

uncle eddie

#21 Post by uncle eddie »

sammia wrote: After all they are from the same company. If I hadn't been like a dog with a bone and eventually got the information I required my sale could have been lost to Sunlite or Okna or some other competitor.
I actually slightly prefer the Softlite and Okna lines so maybe that would have been a good thing :lol: . In all seriousness, all of the major manufacturers do the same type of thing.
sammia wrote: I will be taking this matter up with Sunrise directly and will let you know what they say but a BIG thank you to all on here for helping me along the way.
Glad that you were able to get the info that you were looking for. I don't believe that your concerns will fall on anything but deaf ears over there, but I'm sure that confusing clients or being dishonest is far from their intention. As Windows and Washinton said, it is all about selling more windows. If they can come into a market with 3 different brands, they will sign up more dealers and sell more windows. Since (unlike the car analogy above) window manufactuers do not really market their products directly to consumers, it is rarely a major issue as most people have never heard of any window company except for Pella, Marvin, and Andersen. Also, when a window shopper does find out that there may be more than one window line or "brand" by the same manufacturer, it is typically through research and then further research reveals the full truth as it has here. I'd actually recommend that you judge a window on its individual merits as opposed to the name on the label. If you see three windows and determine the one is poor, one medium, and one good, does it really matter if they all come from one manufacturer or from 3 different ones? The important thing is that you get a good window that you like, and a fair price.

sammia

#22 Post by sammia »

Well Uncle Eddie we'll have to agree to disagree. Try this for an analogy. You go to buy a new car but the car dealer tell you thats its only available in a 2 door version so you take his word and purchase the car. Driving home you see a 4 door version, are you pissed or not? You purchase your new Sunrise windows because again you've been told its the only model. next week your neighbour also gets new windows but this time they're Vanguard by Sunrise and he tells you about all the extra features, opti view screens, reinforced rails etc. Again are you not pissed? Sunrise are in effect pitching their own dealers against each other and at the end of the day a lie is a lie.
I don't think Toyota lose out on Corolla sales because they also sell Camry's and Avalon's. Different markets, different prices but at least the customer has a choice.

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

Sammia, the guys above are just giving a well intentioned assessment of the situation from inside the industry, no ill will. I'm sure that I speak for the other pros in saying that we are empathetic to your circumstance, and clearly your feelings are what they are, so they cannot be argued with. I for one wish you the best of luck with your project, and I hope that you choose to go with a manufacturer (and installer) that you feel has your best interest in mind. Please be sure to post back with additional questions as you move through the process, and also with your final results! :D

sammia

#24 Post by sammia »

HomeSealed wrote:Sammia, the guys above are just giving a well intentioned assessment of the situation from inside the industry, no ill will. I'm sure that I speak for the other pros in saying that we are empathetic to your circumstance, and clearly your feelings are what they are, so they cannot be argued with. I for one wish you the best of luck with your project, and I hope that you choose to go with a manufacturer (and installer) that you feel has your best interest in mind. Please be sure to post back with additional questions as you move through the process, and also with your final results! :D
Thanks HomeSealed I'll drop it, enough said. It's thanks to you and the rest of the pros that post here that I've been able to reach a satisfactory decision.