Okna 600 windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
coachgreg

Okna 600 windows

#1 Post by coachgreg »

We have an estimate for the Okna 600 series. Seems like a very solid window and the reviews for okna seem to be very good. We have a few estimates and want some feedback from the pro's here.
So far we saw Pella 350 and we were not impressed at all, plus the reviews by various pro's seem negative. We also saw alside mezzo windows which again, we werent impressed with and the reviews are rather poor. Finally we saw Castle windows, and after about a 3 hour, yes 3 hour sales presentation, we informed the rep we needed to go to sleep and he finally left. That said, it seems like a pretty good window although more expensive than the okna. Between the 2 ( okna 600, castle), which window would be considered better? Castle kept boasting about their warranty.
Thanks

toddinmn

Re: Okna 600 windows

#2 Post by toddinmn »

coachgreg wrote:We have an estimate for the Okna 600 series. Seems like a very solid window and the reviews for okna seem to be very good. We have a few estimates and want some feedback from the pro's here.
So far we saw Pella 350 and we were not impressed at all, plus the reviews by various pro's seem negative. We also saw alside mezzo windows which again, we werent impressed with and the reviews are rather poor. Finally we saw Castle windows, and after about a 3 hour, yes 3 hour sales presentation, we informed the rep we needed to go to sleep and he finally left. That said, it seems like a pretty good window although more expensive than the okna. Between the 2 ( okna 600, castle), which window would be considered better? Castle kept boasting about their warranty.
Thanks
I heard the 600 was window created for sub par Okna dealers who are not allowed to use the 800.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

The okna 600 is the best window of that group by far. Both the pella and alside are not viewed as quality. Castle windows are made by soft lite from what i understand and its the barrington series which is soft lites budget line.
The okna 600 ( Eco Pro ) is extremely well designed and is a top performer and beats out castle by every metric.
Todd, what you are saying is not true and its a ridiculous statement to make. Okna would not be happy with what you just said. The 600 series is Okna's newest window. The budget line would be the 400 series not the 600.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I would run from Castle. They're wolves in sheep's clothing. Their subs are some of the lowest paid hacks that I've ever seen. I pass by their home territory everyday, thus I encounter tons of their installations. I've never seen one I would pass as acceptable by any means.

The 600 series is a nice window. One of my colleagues in Delaware that is a top OKNA dealer has been selling it for a while now. We rarely do the entry level 400 Precision Weld OKNA series except for situations with extremely tight budgets. It is built completely on a different platform (extrusion) and has less bells and whistles, however it shares the same locks, glass, weatherstripping, and foam inserts. It's well built and has high-end performance stats. My main dislike is more from an installers point of view in that the extrusion doesn't feature any kind of accessory/utility groove which reminds us mechanics of the older vinyl windows from 30-years ago. No big deal, just not ideal in certain installations.

The Pella 350 isn't worth the price that Pella wants for it. It's bulky and features an irrigation sill. They shave and sand the 45-degress welds smooth, that's all that's remotely special about that window.

Board Moderator
Board Moderator

#5 Post by Board Moderator »

There seems to be quite a few posts on the Okna 600 of late. Between our two forums and my casual reading of some of the other interfaces, it appears that Okna has scrambled the troops to start actively promoting this window aggressively.

We neither know, or care, how many or what dealers are selling this window.

What I do care about is that this board remains a valuable source of impartial information for those who seek to use it.

Tread lightly and you have been warned. If we determine this to be purposeful, the recourse will be swift.

Thank you and have a good day.