is there a market for old window weights?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
thill

is there a market for old window weights?

#1 Post by thill »

before i try and dump 40 old window weights, do people reuse these things? think there is someone who would actually want them (not for $$ but just to take them)?????

Greg

Old Window Weights

#2 Post by Greg »

Yes, there is a market for them. Check your local Yellow Pages and look for companies that either make wood windows or recycle wimdows and doors. Here in norhern California, such companies would be Urban Ore (recyclers) or Wooden Window (manufacturer of wood windows). You may even make something and that sounds like a bonus!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

There are a few places like that who have a use for a limited number of weights like Greg said, and that's great if you can get rid of them that way. But, unfortunately most people in most areas will not find a place that wants them. You have to be in an area where restoration of old windows is big. Your average midwestern town for example is not going to have a place that wants them.
You could always bring them to the scrap yard to be recycled.
I've had a few people ask for them for their fishing boats too.

Guy

#4 Post by Guy »

W4U, Just wondering if any of the fishing lure companies in the Northland might use these? Any thought?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Great idea! Some of the muskie I have caught on the Bigfork River could handle a weight that size no problem.

I was also thinking maybe someone could paint them different colors and make wind chimes out of them. The only thing is, you sure wouldn't want to accidentally run into them in the dark. Ouch.