Preservation Windows by alside double vs triple NFRC sticker

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cantdecide7

Preservation Windows by alside double vs triple NFRC sticker

#1 Post by cantdecide7 »

We received quote for double-hung Preservation
windows by alside:

$475 per window- doublepane, low e, argon
$650 per window- triplepane, low e, krypton

can't find the nfrc sticker values for these windows??

are these good prices?
does anyone know r-value, u-value, for these windows???

thanks for your help!
need to make decision very soon!

windowmann2000

Preservation

#2 Post by windowmann2000 »

You can buy a Shuco for that price(triple glaze that is).What part of the country are you in as I would send you in different directions depending on that.

Jo

alside windows

#3 Post by Jo »

i don't know anything about the Preservation windows, but i'd like to suggest that you not get hung up on the glass issue so much that you forget to look closely at the "air-tightness" of the windows as they fit into the side tracks and at the bottom. unfortunately, from hindsight, i can tell you to be sure there's a flat lip on the outside of the window against which the window's weather stripping snugs, and that there is no "air gap" on the sides. we recently had installed, by a nationally known franchise, 20 "best quality" windows which AREN'T air-tight at all. now the house, in Wisconsin, feels even more drafty than with the old wooden 1920s double hungs. we can almost smell the fresh air coming in!! we are extremely disappointed.

windowmann2000

Preservation

#4 Post by windowmann2000 »

The Preservation on a scale of one-ten in the window business is a solid 8.They use the block and tackle balance which is the most effortless made today and their triple glaze with super spacer and krypton fill is in the .19 area for u-value. This along with an air test of .09 makes it pretty close to the top in windows.
My only complaint with them is the inconsistency in their tolerances. I've sold and installed quite a few and from time to time and the sashes don't shut and lock permitting the interlock to make a total seal. But in their defense when I ask for a new sashes they are quick to give me new ones.
They have a few bells and whistles like foam in the frame which in a good window makes no difference but overall is a solid value when priced at about $600.00 per window installed including wrap.
Don't get me wrong I'm not hawking for these guys I sell other windows that I feel are better.