Window World ?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Wds83

Window World ?

#1 Post by Wds83 »

Has anybody heard of an outfit called Window World? There suppose to be located all over the US. They are offering windows installed for $189.00 which includes wrapping the outside casing. The window is Mechanical fastened main and sash frame, but they try to upgrade you to a welded sash and frame for another $25.00. The windows come with low e and argon. They are at all the Home shows her in PA...

windowguru

#2 Post by windowguru »

search the board, use your head, $189 installed? how much is that window worth? How much are the guys getting paid to put it in? Is that what you want for your home?

usmarine0352

#3 Post by usmarine0352 »

I have a customer who had Window World come out and put windows in her house a year ago.

For (3) Double Hung Windows she paid: $6,000

And the best part..... NOT Wrapped.

The guy pulled up in a 4 door Toyota and asked to borrow a hammer, nails, and ladder.

When she asked why he didn't wrap the windows, he said, "We don't do that here."

How does the "Original $189 Window" go to $6,000???

We put in (Double Pane Argon) - (4) Schuco Double Hungs, (1) Picture Window. Then wrapped all of them, her Front entry door, and older "Window World" windows for a fraction of that cost.

And like Windowguru said: "How much quality are you getting for $189???"

Wds83

#4 Post by Wds83 »

I'm not a consumer.... I had a stand at a home show this weekend and the all I kept hearing is Window World has windows installed for $189....Alot of the other window companies there weren't to happy with them either.. I went on a lead today Window World was there before me and all the kept saying is I could get the for $189.00 by Window World.. Even though you tell them that the window will be crap and the guys installing are going to rush .. They put that $189.00 price in there head and it makes it tough to sell a good window. I don't pressure my customers I just give an estimate and tell them to call when there ready. I just wanted to find out some information about this company. I think Traco is the manufacturer

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

usmarine

I have asked nicely, twice, for you to contact me, I would appreciate it. MichaelL@perf-ext.com.

usmarine0352

#6 Post by usmarine0352 »

An email has been sent. I am awaiting your response.

homeowner

#7 Post by homeowner »

i dont know if anyone ever gets cheated the way usmarine said or not, but i have bought windows from windowworld and they use a form that has prices on it. it would be impossible to pay that much for that few windows. that is what we homeowners like about ww. even if you dont trust/use them, they will at least tell you how much. they will tell you over the phone.
i got a quote for 13 windows. i decided 3 weeks later. they came out, measured windows, wrote it up. same price to the penny. they destroyed everybody else. one more thing. their window at that price is the alside excalibur not some fastened junk. not the best, but ok. i chose to upgrade to their best window which is the sheffield (salesman didnt see the need but i said lets do it anyway) it cost a whopping $20 a window. all this under $300 a hole. one more thing, they are not in yet. next week. maybe ill suffer. but not because i payed too much or got a terrible window. the guy did drive a truck and he parks it in front of a big, nice window store that has been there for several years. most places i called only had a number.

Wds83

#8 Post by Wds83 »

homeowner wrote:all this under $300 a hole. .
Does this Window World advertise at $189.00 a window?

windowmann2000

#9 Post by windowmann2000 »

Ah Window world my favorite people. Like it or not their here to stay and very competitive to say the least. A friend of mine gave me their bible. For $189.00 you get in most states the Alside Sheffield in other areas AWS and a few others. Low-e & argon along with removing the customers storms and their famous double lifetime warranty for an additional $59.00, it's called their value Plus package, and if you want your window wraped it's another $65.00 plus every last thing they can charge for like $30.00 to remove a mull etc etc. So your typical DH installed is $313.00 wrapped. These guys have tremendous buying power and may well be Alsides biggest corporate account. To give you an idea of price they buy Alsides vinyl covered coil for $53.00 a roll or did last summer and they deal strictly in volume. Their salespeople in general know nothing about the window business other than run run run and the same goes for the installers. Your chances of getting a good install are pretty slim but price is still #1 and that's why they suceed. There are a few more just like them on the horizon and they well all be a thorn but more times than not when I run up against them I get the deal...........sometimes just to irritate them, but that's me. They pay $40.00@ less for their Alside products than I do so it's tough out there.
We try and market to a different consumer but mark up's because of supply and demand well eventually change in this business.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#10 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Do we really have to do 14 pages on WW again?

I swear it's a coordinated plot to get business for WW. People signing up today and posting ww experience and pretending to be customers.....Didn't we just do this to death 2 months ago?

Let's not and say we did. Anyone interested in ww there is plenty in the archives.

homeowner

#11 Post by homeowner »

im not sure. they advertise in my area at about $165. not sure what that is, but i know it is without gas/glass pack. basically loaded up the excalibur is $259 and the sheffield is $279. i also got grids (i forgot) made mine about $330 each. for those who are gonna bash, stick with the install. i dont know how they do it either. something about buying power i expect.

Wds83

#12 Post by Wds83 »

Sorry for starting another WW topic Window4U (IL) should of did a search. I actually feel bad for the consumer signing with this company. Its like spinning a roulette wheel with the install and the service.. I been installing for 17yrs now and went through ALOT of guys saying they know how to put windows in.. There are very few subs out there that actually do nice work

scott1q1

#13 Post by scott1q1 »

The main problem with them is that they pay their installers 35 bucks a hole wrap included. Try getting someone who knows what they are doing, let alone knows what they are doing and will take the time to do it for that price. I'm sure it happens from time to time but in general you probably best not look at it before its caulked! And then pray they didn't use cheap painters caulk that will dry up in a year.

On the flip side the excalibur is a pretty decent window for that price, and they do have prices printed on the contract to make the estimate a little less painful.

I also think a company that sells on price has a little less at stake in making sure your happy than some of these other companies, a side effect of all those people at the home show wanting to get the cheapest price possible.

Wds83

#14 Post by Wds83 »

Quantity not quality for them... Its a shame.....Would hate to see there service in a few years..

Wds83

#15 Post by Wds83 »

Installers are getting 35 a window is that for every type of window? How about metal cut outs or the steel windows in the brick house. I cant believe they actually get guys subbing for that kind of money. These guys have to throw these things in to make any kind of money. They must have a minimum purchase.