Polaris Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
BrianVeg

Polaris Windows

#1 Post by BrianVeg »

Hello,

I've got a quote from a reputable local contractor on some Polaris UltraWeld windows.

How would you rate Polaris windows against others?

Thanx

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The Ultraweld is a pretty good window when it comes to midgrade windows. It would be on the higher end of the spectrum. They also have a lessor window called the Thermalweld, and also a real low priced one that competes with windows guys are selling for $189 installed.
The Ultraweld is their best though and is a solid window.
Last edited by Window4U (IL) on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windowrep

#3 Post by windowrep »

i had very good luck with the polaris ultraweld. i would not recommend the other polaris windows such as thermalweld,dynatech or mastertech.

Window4U (IL)

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Windowrep,
Since you are familiar with the Ultraweld, am I in the ballpark for what that window goes for? I was taking an educated guess but really don't know what most dealers are getting for it.

windowrep

#5 Post by windowrep »

normal wood replacement, insulating weight pockets, and wrap that is a good price. a little higher if metal replacements.

Window4U (IL)

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Thanks. I figured that had to be close figuring what they cost.
They are one of my brands I am a dealer for but haven't used them personally that much. My partner uses them a lot for rehab work on low cost housing, apartment buildings, etc.

wilm5

Re: Polaris Windows

#7 Post by wilm5 »

this is the only info i can find on Polaris. i know this is an old post but the window i saw did not look like a $450 window used for rehab. could they have changed the design? i know they offer new spacer systems. The window i saw by polaris was very solid and seemed like a high end window.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Polaris window is a solid product and a good manufacturer.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

I can tell you there is no way a reputable contractor can offer a high quality window like the Polaris Ultraweld for for a low price. even the most basic install would result in a much higher cost than that. its priced in the mid 500's for regular double pane but triple pane is around 600 from what i have seen and heard. they also now offer heat mirror ,which is expensive but a very nice feature. although that post is well over 5 years old Polaris has made quite a few changes as did most window manufacturers. this window will serve you well for many years; its a high quality product.
Polaris has a few lines so perhaps their original budget line stripped down with no low E or argon iis what the original comments were directed towards. However, they have a newly designed "budget line" (value smart) which is ok and still better than silver line, Excalibur,and MI . years ago they had a very cheap window that they made for rehabs but that window was discontinued.
The ultraweld is a premium window and would not be considered for "rehab work". its meant for homeowners who want maximum energy efficiency and quality. its rated high amongst industry pro's and is comparable to okna, gorell, and soft lite. The Ultra is one of the most solid windows I've seen in a long time along with Okna.
i recently saw their Ultra Patio door at a home show with the "heat mirror feature", real nice and very solid.
Polaris also offers a true stainless steel spacer, not ordinary tin plated. Very well designed window.