Questions to Ask About Window Installation Procedures

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
RichO

Questions to Ask About Window Installation Procedures

#1 Post by RichO »

I have seen comments in this and another forum about how important it is to have replacement windows installed correctly. From what I read it is possible to take a quality window and ruin it with a bad install. Given the importance of the installation, what kind of questions should I be asking the contractors that I interview concerning their installation practices and procedures?

Regards,

Rich

Windows on Washington

Re: Questions to Ask About Window Installation Procedures

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

RichO wrote:I have seen comments in this and another forum about how important it is to have replacement windows installed correctly. From what I read it is possible to take a quality window and ruin it with a bad install. Given the importance of the installation, what kind of questions should I be asking the contractors that I interview concerning their installation practices and procedures?

Regards,

Rich
Yes, installation is easily as important as the window. Most good Vinyl windows do alot of the same things (ie, fusion welding, warm edge spacer, etc).

As far as the installer goes, ask for references (both address and telephone numbers) and take a look at their work. If someone caps/wraps nicely, they will have usually taken the time to install the window properly. If you have a wood window, install is a snap. Metal out windows are a little trickier and steel buck frames require more reframing.