RF Response

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
art

RF Response

#1 Post by art »

RF -

Sorry I couldn't reply before the board changed out the software. In answer to your question, I contracted with Window4U who is a regular pro in this forum.

I'd be willing to bet a beer or two that you used W1S1 out of Chicago. I can only say that if your install was equal to just 2/3 of mine, then you got a great install. In my case, the dealer was present for much of the total installation and the crew he had here were friendly, convivial and totally dedicated to doing superior work. Their pride in workmanship shows and the dealers attention to things was superb.

Am I correct about who you used? I've not heard anything about the quality of their installs, only about their sales practices.

RF

Art, that's correct

#2 Post by RF »

Art,

Yes, I did use W1/S1. They did a good job, although a bit rushed. The crew was efficient and finished all the details correctly (15 windows in one day). A new door was damaged (dinged) during install and the attituide was somwhat passe. That was disappointing. But all subsequent window issue followups with W1/S1 were promptly taken care of.

The sales portion went well. I had no request to measure my windows myself and give it over the phone. They wanted to come out, measure, and estimate in person. A house nearby was done recently by them and the owner was pleased. W1/S1 also has top-noth BBB ratings, which helped me decide to go with them.

I probably would have gone with Window4u had I known about this board earlier. W4u seems right on target in knowledge, forthrightness, and professionalism. But in any event, W1/S1 was ok too. Ultimately, we have the Schuco's, which was the main goal.

Regards, RF

art

Gladness

#3 Post by art »

RF -

I'm glad to hear that everything went well for you. In my case there was absolutely no sense of being rushed. Things were done methodically without any push to 'get it done' overly quickly. I think we'll both be happy :)

Now, about that beer.......... Lol.