Whole Home Window Replacement in Greensboro, NC

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Windows on Washington

Re: Whole Home Window Replacement in Greensboro, NC

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

Okna is the best of that line up to be certain.

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

I would not consider Sunrise Whalen you have 1 product that is better and cheaper.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

NC Rob wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:45 am I believe both the Okna 600 and Sunrise Vanguard are relatively similar in quality, but the Sunrise actually competes against the Okna 900?
Had to chuckle a little at this... The Okna 900 was a composite product that was replaced by the latest and greatest : Starmark Evo. 7500 I believe is the designation. The funny parts are 1) that window is no longer in production, and 2) there is literally no reason for that Sunrise dealer to claim that his Vanguard window "actually competes with the Okna 900" other than to try and make his product seem like its worth the higher price.

The Vanguard's main competitior in the Okna lineup is probably exactly the window that you are considering, which is the 600. That said, the 600 beats it in every objective metric thermally and structurally. The Vanguard is NOT a bad window. As you stated, it looks very nice, its pretty well built. It just isn't better than an Okna 600, and in fact, based purely on performance, the tale of the tape suggests that the reverse is true. If all else is equal, in this case the Okna option seems like a slam dunk based on a better price.

The only other thing that I'd add is that all else is rarely equal. These products are relatively comparable, so if you like one dealer much better than the other, or the installation specs of one are better, etc, weight should be given there as well. Not sure that would be the case though, as that "900" comparison reference strikes me as something a slimy sales guy could say, by that is purely speculation on my part.