Hoppers, what’s recommended?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
frankyice8

Hoppers, what’s recommended?

#1 Post by frankyice8 »

I’m looking to replace old windows in my basement, with some hopper style, and was wondering which brand/line I should focus my attention on? What’s you’re top 2-3 recommended, incase one or another isn’t available for me. Also want to replace a door, something solid and secure. Located in Philly. Thanks in advance guys!

Windows on Washington

Re: Hoppers, what’s recommended?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

For what its worth, Polaris and Soft-Lite make good hoppers. Oknas is decent as well.

frankyice8

#3 Post by frankyice8 »

Thank you WOW! For clarification, I used the dealer locator for Soft-lite which led me to a local Zen shop. I was informed that Soft-Lite does not actually make hoppers, that they have partnered with Harvey for all of their hoppers and thus are proposing the Harvey Hopper Plus. They state further that this would be the same model all dealers will carry. Does that sound right to you? Any red flags there?

I also got an ‘internet’ quote from Window Universe Express (owner runs the window dog site), just under $2500 total for qty 5 Berkshire Revere Hoppers, double pane w/energy package. Thoughts? Probably not in the same league as the others you mentioned, so I suspect you’ll advise to keep looking.

Again, thanks for the help.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Hoppers are not the greatest operator in the world when it comes to air tightness and functionality, so they pretty basic and hard to mess up.

You should be good with either of those options on that type of operator.

WindowsDirectCinci

#5 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

It’s been 3-4 years since I’ve seen one but the hopper Windows universe is using (Alside) is mechanically fastened. They did not have a welded hopper just a few years ago. I’m not aware of any changes.

rubyberry

#6 Post by rubyberry »

frankyice8 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:08 pm I’m looking to replace old windows in my basement, with some hopper style, and was wondering which brand/line I should focus my attention on? What’s you’re top 2-3 recommended, incase one or another isn’t available for me. Also want to replace a door, something solid and secure. Located in Philly. Thanks in advance guys! happy wheels
You're getting a hopper for your basement? Why not a slide or a hung?