HELP finding window bead glaze

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Susanne2

HELP finding window bead glaze

#1 Post by Susanne2 »

Hello i need to replace the window bead glaze on my window and Ive went to homedepot and lowes and have had no luck wondering if any could help me find this so I can purchase it. Bellow is a picture https://photos.app.goo.gl/o5PNWxpAFr7JqDtK8

HomeSealed

Re: HELP finding window bead glaze

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Is there any way to identify the brand of your windows? If double hungs, pull down the top sash panel and look for a sticker with some info if there are not obvious markings anywhere else.

Susanne2

#3 Post by Susanne2 »

would I know what type of glaze I need with the brand of the window?

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

You need the brand, model and operator type.
If you can find the sticker that Homesealed said, it will have that information, it is usually white or pink and it is not the gold or silver sticker. Sometimes manufactures change the parts they use, the sticker will identify all the specifics on the window. If you can’t find it but know the manufacturer I would call them for assistance.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Susanne2 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:26 pm would I know what type of glaze I need with the brand of the window?
That will certainly help to narrow it down and/or source it, yes. Some items like hardware are common across manufacturers, but the glazing bead is product specific more often than not.