Elevate Windows Grand Prairie, TX

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
dwightlong

Elevate Windows Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Post by dwightlong »

I am currently requesting quotes for the replacement of all of my windows 14 in total. I have received a couple, one from a contractor who recommends Elevate Windows and another for Mi Windows 3500 and 1650 series. They are both Vinyl, single hung, double pane, Argon gas, tilt sash.
The Mi Window quote was $10,500 while the Elevate quote was substantially less a $4850. I feel the Mi quote is very high but am unsure on the quality of the Elevate window. I have a few more quotes coming.
I would like to know about any issues or concerns with these two window manufacturers and if they are quality windows.
Thank you,
Dwight

Windows on Washington

Re: Elevate Windows Grand Prairie, TX

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not sure the one quote is really that "high" as the other one is low. Not sure how you do a job for that number that was quoted in the second one and actually stay in business. The math doesn't work.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Both are lower end products. Sunrise is available in DFW, for a higher-end vinyl option. NT Windows are a decent mid-grade vinyl window option.

dwightlong

#4 Post by dwightlong »

Thanks guys appreciate the information. So if both windows are low end windows, then the first quote of 10,500 for the Mi window is excessive, whereas the 4850.00 for the Elevate windows seem about right. My head hurts just trying to figure out which contractor to believe since they all say they sell the best. I’ll wait for the other two quotes before I make a decision.

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

I prefer not to comment on pricing since there are many details that are unknown. I would agree with WoW’s assessment of the lower quote though.

Take your time, don’t let a contractor rush you into a decision, and get two or three quotes on better windows. That will give you a better baseline of what is a reasonable price to pay.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Our average price for a premium performance vinyl window( no draft) is $660. a unit supplied with standard install. This number is low in my market.
Markets vary, the metroplex has lower labor cost.
As Randy said to many details to be accurate. But maybe a tiny bit helpful.

theWindowNerd.com