Soft-Lite Imperial ELITE?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Stiletto

Soft-Lite Imperial ELITE?

#1 Post by Stiletto »

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about Soft-Lite coming out with a new window offering called the "Imperial Elite"? It has been mentioned to me by only one relatively new Soft-Lite dealer (that does not carry the Elements), they tell me that It is essentially the Imperial LS sashes inside of the frame of the Elements window. They also tell me that Soft-Lite is supposed to launch this new offering within the next few weeks. I have seen absolutely nothing as far as literature is concerned with regard to the Imperial Elite on Soft-Lite's web site.
I'm not keen on being the test pilot for a new window in my market, would prefer models that have a history and a track record, like the Elements or the Imperial LS. I'm thinking if this is legit perhaps some of the reputable Soft-Lite dealers on this board have heard of it. I'm planning to give Soft-Lite a call as well.
Thanks guys!

Randy

Re: Soft-Lite Imperial ELITE?

#2 Post by Randy »

While I haven’t heard about it, it wouldn’t be surprising as it’s actually not an uncommon thing for manufacturers to do in order to provide another opportunity to set up multiple dealers in the same territory, each with an exclusive product. If you like the window, I wouldn’t let the fact that it’s a new line be a factor in your decision making. It’s not really a new product, just a new name on a new combination of established and well-proven products.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

I agree with Randy. You wouldnt be a “ test pilot” since both elements and imperial ls have been around for a very long time and are both great products. How would combining them both into one window be problematic? It wouldnt be.

Stiletto

#4 Post by Stiletto »

Thanks for the replies, guys. It turns out the Imperial Elite is indeed a private label manufactured specifically for this dealer.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Maybe one of the other pros can set me straight, but I believe that the Elements and LS already use the same frame? The sashes are very similar as well, I believe that the Elements has the combo lock/tilt latch release and maybe an extra course of fin seal. Elements has bulletproof Kevlar sash reinforcement, whereas LS is fiberglass or composite.

Moral of the story though, as the others stated, this is a proven manufacturer and product even if it has a few tweaks, I wouldn't worry. There are already other iterations offered on private label, this sounds like something along those lines but where the dealer still wants to use the SL brand.

I would not put much (actually any) stock in this being special new offering though. If that's how its being built up, that part is salesmanship. Once again, the good news is that its a proven performer.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think the Elements frame has a bit more colonial exterior to it whereas the LS is more of a block frame. Fundamentally, they are the same window when I last looked at them in terms of design, majority performance, and technology.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

i believe kevlar is also used in the Imperial LS.

masterext

#8 Post by masterext »

Soft Lite did in fact come out with the Imperial Elite. it replaced the Ls.. almost identical and a solid window.

Stiletto

#9 Post by Stiletto »

Thanks masterext, that's valuable information and I appreciate you chiming in and sharing. I have since made the decision to go with Sunrise Restorations full frame windows. Hoping for good results in about 8 weeks!