Need help with quotes, too many choices

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
trigator

Need help with quotes, too many choices

#1 Post by trigator »

I need some help determining which windows to get as trying to compare brands and lines is almost impossible when there are so many out there.

My project
27 DH Windows
1 Double Casement
2 Picture
1 half Semi Circle

ALL with grids

Window Universe - Birkshire Elite 17,641
Windows Nation - Vytex Grandview 24,447
Zen - Softlite Zen Lotus 24,428
Pella 250 - 30000 (not considering this one as its to much)

I have one more estimate from Nova Exteriors tomorrow for the Sunrise Verde line (will add quote tomorrow from them).

I am also looking at a new front door and sliding door but those are more of a wash at the moment.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

brent

TheWindowNerd

Re: Need help with quotes, too many choices

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Brent, welcome. Where is your project located?
Of those you have looked at I would not suggest any of them. Two of the mfg have some models worth looking at though.
SL (soft lite) has both Imperial Ls and Elements.
Vytex has both Fortiss and Potomac HP
If I was to make a suggestion I would have you look at the Okna/Highmark 800DX Enviro-Star.
Best,
wayne theWindowNerd.com

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

I’d recommend contacting Windows on Washington. You won’t find a more professional company to do business with in the greater Washington DC area. High performance products + professional installation = long term satisfaction.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Agree with Randy.
I wouldnt only disregard pella on price, i would also disregard pella on quality.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Good advice above. Not trying to throw another choice in there if you feel as though you already have too many, however the good news is that there is only one that you need to know, and that is Windows on Washington. Superior product to anything that you've seen, great people and company. Highly recommend... Regular contributor to this window community as well.

trigator

#6 Post by trigator »

Thanks for the feedback, i didn't realize there were so many window brands out there and different lines. I am located in Olney MD (just a little north of Rockville). We are looking for a good High Mid Level Vinyl window that won't break the bank too much. Since i dropped Pella windows off this list (too pricy and that was for their 250 line) I am still waiting on two more quotes. One from Nova Exteriors for the Sunrise Verde window and another from Windows of Washington (i have a virtual zoom appointment with them tomorrow). I will post those quotes when i get them.

trigator

#7 Post by trigator »

Thanks for the feedback, i didn't realize there were so many window brands out there and different lines. I am located in Olney MD (just a little north of Rockville). We are looking for a good High Mid Level Vinyl window that won't break the bank too much. Since i dropped Pella windows off this list (too pricy and that was for their 250 line) I am still waiting on two more quotes. One from Nova Exteriors for the Sunrise Verde window and another from Windows of Washington (i have a virtual zoom appointment with them tomorrow). I will post those quotes when i get them.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

To me, dropping pella was a good move irregardless of price. Windows on washington will take good care of you.