American window systems

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
soinect

American window systems

#1 Post by soinect »

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on American window systems out of Fort Worth? We were quoted for their v85 and energy core windows. The only info or reviews I can find are on their website. We are in the DFW area and are going to replace all of our windows. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: American window systems

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Randy...anything you ever heard of?

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

Randy, calling Randy!

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

I’m not familiar with them. After looking at their website, it appears that they sell a gimmicky window.

To the OP, be aware that if they’re offering you the triple pane, super-duper efficient model, the Visible Light Transmittance will be very low, reducing the amount of light that comes in tremendously. If you like the window and feel good about the installation details, it will probably be a fine choice - as long as you don’t pay more than you would for a NT Presidential or Don Young 5400.

soinect

#5 Post by soinect »

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little skeptical about the windows. We plan on staying in the house for 10-15 or more years so we want a quality window. Will look into quotes on the windows you suggested.

soinect

#6 Post by soinect »

So, we have eliminated American window systems. They are by far the cheapest but we don't feel comfortable with the quality. We have narrowed our choice down to the Burris tectview ac and the NT presidential. We are replacing 29 windows. Have read a few bad posts about Burris so we are leaning towards NT, the only problem is NT is 5k more. The windows seem similar to me in quality and warranty but I have limited knowledge. If they are a superior window we don't have issues spending the extra money. Any opinions are appreciated.
Thanks

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

I think NT makes a decent mid-grade window. You might get another quote, just to make sure the pricing is fair.