Replacement window quotes in Austin TX

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
atx-guy

Replacement window quotes in Austin TX

#1 Post by atx-guy »

We are looking to replace 17 windows and a sliding door in our 2-story home in Austin.

These are the quotes I've gotten. I haven't found an Okna or Soft-Lite dealer in the area.

Renewal by Anderson - almost $50k
Revere Berkshire Elite - $11,700
Zen Nirvana - $13,700
Sunrise Standard - $17,600 (*edit* had an extra color option on the quote before that added $2200)
NT Presidential - $13,200

Are there any of these that I should strongly avoid (besides RBA)? The NT window guy had a demo window, and I was a little concerned with the sloppy corner bevel welds, on what otherwise seems like a decent contender.
Last edited by atx-guy on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

tdwindowr

Re: Replacement window quotes in Austin TX

#2 Post by tdwindowr »

I am looking for replacement windows as well but in DFW area, I am still getting quotes, I like NT window so far based on what I read or heard. Good luck!!

atx-guy

#3 Post by atx-guy »

I updated one of the quotes above that had an extra option that the others didn't have.

Any opinions on the best bang-for-my buck value among those listed?

pjs32000

#4 Post by pjs32000 »

Out of curiosity, who did you get to quote Sunrise in the Austin area? Statewide? I've been looking to get quotes for Sunrise in the same area and don't really want to deal with Statewide if I can avoid it.

atx-guy

#5 Post by atx-guy »

pjs32000 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 pm Out of curiosity, who did you get to quote Sunrise in the Austin area? Statewide? I've been looking to get quotes for Sunrise in the same area and don't really want to deal with Statewide if I can avoid it.
They're out of San Antonio, it's called First Place Windows

pjs32000

#6 Post by pjs32000 »

atx-guy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:01 am
pjs32000 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 pm Out of curiosity, who did you get to quote Sunrise in the Austin area? Statewide? I've been looking to get quotes for Sunrise in the same area and don't really want to deal with Statewide if I can avoid it.
They're out of San Antonio, it's called First Place Windows
Good to know, thanks. I may give them a call as well. I explored some dealers in SA but hadn't found one willing to work in Austin.

atx-guy

#7 Post by atx-guy »

I found with a little more research that the place offering the NT Presidential windows has pretty terrible reviews across several of the review sites, including Angie's list.

Any window experts here have an opinion on the value and quality of these option. I see a lot of praise here for the Sunrise Restorations, but I'm not sure if the Standard is worth the extra $$$

atx-guy

#8 Post by atx-guy »

No advice here?

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Have you tried searching Randy's (Ultra Windows) posts? He is our resident expert on the Texas offerings. I am sure if its an option you are considering in Texas, he has posted about it at least once. Some of the brands you are talking about are unknown to the guys like me in the Mid-Atlantic and other regions of the country.

Randy

#10 Post by Randy »

Are the Angie’s List negative reviews on the NT Presidential window specifically, or are they on the contractor who sold and installed the window to the homeowner?

Texas is a big state with big gaps in product availability. I don’t know any dealers in Austin, San Antonio or DFW to recommend.

Sunrise is a great company with great windows. I don’t think they’re in the same class as Soft-lite and Okna, but they are better than most vinyl windows offered in Texas. Only you can decide whether or not they’re worth the uncharge. I wouldn’t recommend the large Sunrise dealer that operates all across Texas though.

Most vinyl windows made in Texas are built for low price, with very minimal attention to detail. The reason the manufacturers get away with it, is that homeowners in Texas rarely open their windows and therefore, warped and bowed vinyl windows aren’t as obvious. Unfortunately, there just aren’t many higher quality vinyl window available in most of Texas.

atx-guy

#11 Post by atx-guy »

Randy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:06 am Are the Angie’s List negative reviews on the NT Presidential window specifically, or are they on the contractor who sold and installed the window to the homeowner?
On the seller/installer