Feedback on quotes for 9 DH and 4 Sliders

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mstepanovich

Feedback on quotes for 9 DH and 4 Sliders

#1 Post by mstepanovich »

Hi,
We have received the following quotes from reputable local installers and would love some feedback from the group:

Okna 800: $9,865
Okna 600: $8,875
Soft Lite Pro Series: $9,000
Polaris UltraWeld: $8,300
Ideal Majestic: $7,538
Marvin Elevate: $13,450

The quotes are for 9 DH and 4 Sliders (3 2 Lite and 1 3 Lite). We want an attractive, efficient window at the most affordable price.

Thanks!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Feedback on quotes for 9 DH and 4 Sliders

#2 Post by masterext »

Im very familiar with 1,2,4, and 5. Im assuming windows are white in and out ?
Prices look good. What state are you in ?
that can affect pricing to a certain extent.

mstepanovich

#3 Post by mstepanovich »

Yes- all white in and white out except for the Marvin which come in 6 different colors on the outside for that price. We are in upstate new york, in New Paltz.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Efficient? Eliminate the Marvin. Significant drop off from the others in that regard.

Attractive? The SL Pro and Ultraweld are nice windows, but both are pretty utilitarian in appearance. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, so if you think they look good that's all that matters. In comparison to others on this list though, I might drop them based on having other choices in the same price range with better looks and performance.

That leaves Ideal and the Okna twins. I don't see Ideal much out here so I'll leave that one for the East coast guys to comment on. On the two okna models, take your pick. Both are great. The 800 has slightly better numbers and the nice metal lift handle, where the 600 looks to come in a little less for a window thats damn close. If these are from competing installation companies, I'd probably take a closer look at the installation details, reputation of the installers, etc. That will likely offer more of a difference than exists between these two windows...

Lastly, I should mention that you really wouldn't go wrong with the Ultraweld as its a top performer, nor with the Marvin if you place a lot more weight on appearance than performance. You don't have a bad window on this list, so kudos to you on that.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 to HomeSealed's feedback.

Not a bad window on the list to be honest.