seal failures on softlite imperial ls windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
petras52

seal failures on softlite imperial ls windows

#1 Post by petras52 »

Hi..on window recommendations here, I had softlite replacement double hung inserts installed about 10 years ago. Due to a superspacer backlog delay then, I chose the intercept spacer. Last year one sash had a seal failure and this year I had another one fail in a different room. The frame is holding up well and the company is good about honoring their replacement warranty. However there's still shipping and labor charges. I don't think these intercept spacers are the stainless steel type they market recently. I live in southern indiana and our climate is moderate. The affected windows are rarely operated. I'm hoping that maybe a couple had manufacturing defects and the other 20 won't soon suffer the same issues. Did I make a mistake by not waiting longer and opting for the superspacer instead? ..thanks in advance..

Windows on Washington

Re: seal failures on softlite imperial ls windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

No. The superspacer seal failure rate is probably just as high as the intercept in that case. Not uncommon to have a couple of seal failures over the course of a decade given the human capital part of the manufacturing process.

uncle eddie

Re: seal failures on softlite imperial ls windows

#3 Post by uncle eddie »

I probably would have waited for super spacer, but I agree that this is not something that is directly causing seal failures.