Quadratherm??

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Cactus4

Quadratherm??

#1 Post by Cactus4 »

Hi all,

New to this forum but wanted some feedback on Anlins Quadratherm interior hardcoat. Is there any scientific proof this stuff works to keep the heat inside the home in the cold months? I can’t find any specs on Quadratherm or Cardinals i89 which is a similar product I believe.

Also I’m getting quoted $1500 for the Quadratherm for my job. 26 windows. 2630 total UI. Avg. UI = 101.5

Thanks in advance,

Chris

HomeSealed

Re: Quadratherm??

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Its definitely proven technology. Works great in the right application, just be careful about that part. Given that it DOES do its job in reflecting the heat back to the interior, the glass and airspace behind it don't warm up much thereby reducing the condensation resistance.

Think about it like thermal blinds. They do a nice job in mitigating heat loss, but in the process they keep the window colder often leading to condensation.

If you are in a moderate climate it can be a nice choice, but if your area gets cold and condensation could be a concern, it would be advisable to look into that deeper or flat out avoid it. Up here in WI, I generally recommend the latter.

WindowsDirectCinci

#3 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

I have about 20,000 windows with cardinal i89 out there and no more issues than any without it.(Cincinnati market) so it definitely has some cold days but not like Wisconsin or other very northern parts. The i89 is also much more durable than a hard coat low-e on other manufacturers in the testing I have done.

Cactus4

#4 Post by Cactus4 »

I cancelled the Quadratherm coating today when a measure tech said in 5 years he never installed Quadratherm in Az. Well it’s $1500 back in my pocket. :)

Maybe it’s not cold enough here to justify the possible gains vs price.

Chris

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think you are correct there. Not sure it is really indicated in AZ.