Window Replacement - South of Atlanta

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Window Replacement - South of Atlanta

#46 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We just capped a 6' half round. Took 4 man hours and 10' of coil. Made the radius face out of two pcs of scribed coil done with a trammel to the radius. My guys hate doing them.
Based on the value we get in other labor that should have cost $500, for the cap.

Sirty

#47 Post by Sirty »

I'm very thankful for everyone that chimed in! One of the many great reasons to be a part of this forum. Given how long this company has been in business and the number of higher end homes they renovate in the more affluent areas of town, I'm surprised they don't offer this service, even at a premium.

At this point, I'm going to forgo the capping and look for someone who can come out and repair/replace the existing brick mold and install some new pre-fab surrounds for the half rounds.

Can't thank you all enough!

Sirty

#48 Post by Sirty »

I was finally able to speak with the rep today and he stated the capping needed to be done because my windows are "metal outs" which require cutting the nail flange. Conceptually this makes sense as part of the existing brick mold will be cut since they're not removing and replacing the molding. I believe this is why capping was decided back when they first came out because it was more cost effective since I'm planning to have the siding and brick mold replaced in the near future anyways.

Once the windows are installed, I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them so others searching this company and/or this method of capping have a reference point.

Again, appreciate everyone's input!

Sirty

#49 Post by Sirty »

I've got some astonishing news...installation is scheduled for next Monday! Can't believe this might actually happen. Hoping the weather holds out and no other hitches cause a delay.

Sirty

#50 Post by Sirty »

In a fateful, twist of events, I just received a call and was told they can't get in touch with their installation team who's "essentially AWOL" according to the scheduler. They're trying to get another team to come down today, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I sincerely wish we had the quality businesses in the Atlanta area that's represented on this forum. I'd like to say this is an anomaly in my experience with companies here, but it's not. As the old saying goes, "It's hard to find good help these days."

Windows on Washington

#51 Post by Windows on Washington »

That...is the truth.

Sirty

#52 Post by Sirty »

Installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that ends up being the case.

Sirty

#53 Post by Sirty »

Installers showed up today, so that was a great first step. A few issues though...

1. One of the windows is broken. They went ahead and installed it then will replace the sash at a later date.
2. They brought a double-hung for one of the windows that was supposed to be a picture window.
3. They didn't receive the master bath window at all. Appears it wasn't ordered originally. :?

All 3 issues result in them having to re-order windows. If it takes as long as I've waited for the ones that were installed, I'll be set come Summer 2022. :cry:

TheWindowNerd

#54 Post by TheWindowNerd »

" I'll be set come Summer 2022" probably a could expectation. :D

Sirty

#55 Post by Sirty »

Entry Point called yesterday to see if I was available between 9-11am today for them to replace the broken sash and address the installation and window defect issues I noticed when cleaning the windows after install. I cleared my schedule so things can keep moving, but it's almost noon and I haven't heard from anyone. No matter what's done from here on out, I certainly could not recommended this company to anyone.

HomeSealed

#56 Post by HomeSealed »

Sirty, I'm sure that the other pros can relate to this, but despite the vast majority of projects being completed smoothly, once in a while we get one of those where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Mistake from manufacturer, mistake in ordering, something wrong on the install, product damaged in shipping, vehicle trouble, etc, etc. I have no idea whether this company is truly incompetent, or if you just happen to be the unlucky customer in one of those rare cases, but they do happen to all of us. Whether or not you feel comfortable recommending them in the end (one could certainly understand why you wouldn't), if they stick with this and see everything through to the end, all items addressed and without things going sour, it is probably the latter. Either way, hopefully they are able to get this wrapped up for you sooner than later.

Sirty

#57 Post by Sirty »

HomeSealed, I appreciate your thoughtful response. While I'm upset with the three issues I previously mentioned along with some issues with the install, it's understandable. The part of this process that would prevent me from recommending EntryPoint to anyone else is the lack of customer service and complete disregard for the client's time. Hiccups absolutely occur; however, there's no reason that someone can't pick up the phone to call and offer some reason as to why I've been left sitting around twice waiting for someone to arrive.

I'm positive EntryPoint will see the project through, I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later at this point.

BTW, they did come by this afternoon at 3pm to replace the sash and document the install issues and window defects I noted.

Sirty

#58 Post by Sirty »

Remaining windows are scheduled for mid-February. The waiting game begins again.

TheWindowNerd

#59 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree that a phone call should be made when a schedule is not kept.

Sirty

#60 Post by Sirty »

Long time, no update, but here we go.

I received a call from the scheduler on Feb 16 to schedule the next installation day. We verbally confirmed install would be set for Monday, March 14 and he would send a follow-up email confirming. I waited a week and never heard anything back, so I followed-up with an email asking for confirmation and a punch list of what would be done. Crickets...

Fast forward another week, I sent another email this time to the scheduler copying the installation manager and project manager. Crickets...

After another week went by, I sent yet another email, yesterday, to the scheduler, copying the operations manager, installation manager and project manager. In this email, I specifically requested a response within 24 hours. Crickets...

Today, after waiting 27 hours since the last email, I forwarded all prior emails to the two owners. I had an email back from the owner within an hour and heard from the project manager 30 minutes after that.

Per my conversation with the PM, they are coming out to replace the two windows they failed to install back in October and address all issues I presented except for two.

1. They won't replace the garden window in the guest bath due to the defect not meeting "industry standards for warranty". Essentially I'm being told that because the defect isn't readily visible from 6 feet, it won't be covered.
2. Same thing here...They won't replace the living room picture window due to the defect not meeting "industry standards for warranty" because the defect isn't readily visible from 6 feet away.

Both have defects in the glass itself. For #1, the defect is 3" in length and situated between the two panes. For #2, it's a 1/4" defect on the interior pane that can be felt with your nail and is rough in texture. Both are readily seen when the light hits the defect as it causes a glare/shimmer.

My question to the pros here, is this "industry standard" a thing?