Window Replacement - South of Atlanta

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Gus

Re: Window Replacement - South of Atlanta

#31 Post by Gus »

@Sirty how did the install go with Entry Point?

Sirty

#32 Post by Sirty »

Hi Gus,

They haven't been out yet. They called me a month or so ago and said production had been delayed due to a couple custom windows I ordered. They're hoping to proceed with the install by July.

I will certainly update this thread with my thoughts once the job is completed.

HomeSealed

#33 Post by HomeSealed »

Know that you are not alone in having your project delayed. I'm sure that you see the news stories etc, its certainly the name of the game these days. On the bright side, there will likely have been one and maybe even two price increases by the time that your project goes in, so at least you locked that in at the right time.

Sirty

#34 Post by Sirty »

HomeSealed wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 pm Know that you are not alone in having your project delayed. I'm sure that you see the news stories etc, its certainly the name of the game these days. On the bright side, there will likely have been one and maybe even two price increases by the time that your project goes in, so at least you locked that in at the right time.
@HomeSealed: For sure! I'm not upset at all by the delay. It's an unusual time in which we're living. I have a couple other home projects that I've put on the back burner for the time being because of supply issues.

As an aside, I have a friend in the pool business and they are booking installs for next September. Yep, that's September 2022. This last year has been the best they've ever had. Crazy what people are willing to pay for when they're sitting at home with nowhere to go.

Sirty

#35 Post by Sirty »

Was informed today that there's been another delay with the manufacturer. Estimated delivery date is now late August. I'll keep keeping my fingers crossed.

Windows on Washington

#36 Post by Windows on Washington »

This...is the world that we live in now.

Seems odd seeing as we are supposed to be back at work. Go figure.

It's almost as if people are being paid to stay home?