OKNA 500 windows and Noise

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TheWindowNerd

Re: OKNA 500 windows and Noise

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

A large factor to consider in energy use is degree days for each comparative year or month.

theWindowNerd

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

I’m starting to lean towards Noisy being a little crazy or something is just getting overlooked. A vast increase in noise is just not going to happen from a mere caulking change. I think these windows would thermally out perform the others unless the the installation was completely botched. Things. I would check that are fairly simple is that the Caulking has no gaps, that the windows are square and if you want to a little deeper that they were foamed in. If all those check out I don’t what to say.

Larry

#18 Post by Larry »

Keeping all other factors constant, if nothing has been changed or disturbed, and if the noise has increased, then it has to do something with the windows & caulking. The foam is not the solution.

TheWindowNerd

#19 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Or it could be more personal in nature, like someones seasonal allergies clearing up and their ears becoming unclogged.

TheWindowNerd

#20 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I was at a clients house yesterday and the felt the new 800DX were not performing as well as they hoped.
I inspected everything and the windows and install look good. They did not reinstall the cellular shades they had up. Cellular shades make a big difference in radiant cold and noise. At least all the windows were locked.

theWindowNerd