OKNA 500 windows and Noise

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TheWindowNerd

Re: OKNA 500 windows and Noise

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

A large factor to consider in energy use is degree days for each comparative year or month.

theWindowNerd

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

I’m starting to lean towards Noisy being a little crazy or something is just getting overlooked. A vast increase in noise is just not going to happen from a mere caulking change. I think these windows would thermally out perform the others unless the the installation was completely botched. Things. I would check that are fairly simple is that the Caulking has no gaps, that the windows are square and if you want to a little deeper that they were foamed in. If all those check out I don’t what to say.

Larry

#18 Post by Larry »

Keeping all other factors constant, if nothing has been changed or disturbed, and if the noise has increased, then it has to do something with the windows & caulking. The foam is not the solution.

TheWindowNerd

#19 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Or it could be more personal in nature, like someones seasonal allergies clearing up and their ears becoming unclogged.

TheWindowNerd

#20 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I was at a clients house yesterday and the felt the new 800DX were not performing as well as they hoped.
I inspected everything and the windows and install look good. They did not reinstall the cellular shades they had up. Cellular shades make a big difference in radiant cold and noise. At least all the windows were locked.

theWindowNerd

WindowNoob94

#21 Post by WindowNoob94 »

I'm no pro, but I noticed a noise change too, but one of my first thoughts is, maybe it's psychological.

Maybe you haven't noticed the noise before, because you weren't really listening for it. Now that you have new windows, your mind is saying, "new windows, so it should be even quieter", so you're subconsciously listening out for noises on the exterior.

Just my thought on that.

It has been a cold winter this year compared to last, my heating bill jumped about 50 bucks per month.

TheWindowNerd

#22 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Was just at another recent install mentioned that the one window seems to be drafty.
The lower sash had the locks turned but the upper sash was not up all the way, the window was not closed.
That is the easist problem to fix. Close and lock the window.

theWindowNerd.com