Okna & Alarm Sensors

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JetDoc62

Okna & Alarm Sensors

#1 Post by JetDoc62 »

I had Okna casements & awning windows installed. I am trying to add wireless alarm sensors to them. Because of the size of profile on the screen, there is no room to add sensor magnet. I can place the sensor on the window side, but there is no room with the screen attached to install the magnet.
Has anyone ran into this situation? Looking for advice...

Thank you all in advance

HomeSealed

Re: Okna & Alarm Sensors

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Was this a professionally installed system, or more of a DIY? If the former, alarm companies have a variety of different sensors that they use based on application, you could give them a call. They might suggest breakage sensors that are not mounted on the window itself, and for a casement, that would still give you the security that you are looking for. Nobody is going to pry open a closed/locked casement without breaking the glass.... If you want the alarm to sound when someone opens it from the inside (kids, etc) that would be another story.

JetDoc62

Re: Okna & Alarm Sensors

#3 Post by JetDoc62 »

The alarm system is going to be a new one, this time around it will be a DIY. My original alarm was a wired system, the had glass breakers attached to the double hung windows. With the replacement windows, we decided to go with the casement windows, a much nicer look. Since most of the wires were cut on the install, I am installing a wireless system. Just needed advice on the sensors on casement windows.
What you said makes sense, and it will be a lot easier going around the house just using glass breakers. Cost will be less than installing a sensor on each window.
Thank you for input.