Picking between Zenwindows and Feldco (Milwaukee)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MrAngelo

Picking between Zenwindows and Feldco (Milwaukee)

#1 Post by MrAngelo »

So I grabbed a bunch of quotes from my area (Milwaukee, WI), and I've narrowed it down to either Feldco (Sophia line, only one they offer), and Zenwindows Softlite Nirvana brand. Zenwindows came in about $1,000 cheaper, but I'm having a hard time re-contacting the owner regarding questions (warranty, etc.) My biggest question is what Softlite brand/level is "Nirvana?" UPDATE: Contactd Zenwindows, said it's the softlite "classic" series. So that answers that question.

Both companies have several different locations around the country/Midwest. My issue with Zen is I need these questions answered and I can't get ahold of them. My issue with Feldco is they seem to be hit or miss; they either do a great job or it's a nightmare. Anyone have any advice or dealt with these companies? Anyone have any experience/input on these windows?

If it makes any difference, I'm getting a few double hung and a bunch of sliders.

Windows on Washington

Re: Picking between Zenwindows and Feldco (Milwaukee)

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds like there are enough "issues" to maybe re-focus your search?

Zen is totally hit or miss in my book and they are, by design, based around the "idea" of the business and not the work. I would always ask what a given company owner's background and/or experience is in. I don't want the guy that used to take tickets at movie theaters doing his first few root canals on me. I don't know if that is the case with the guys there, but if they don't have a real shop and some real experience, you are the whim of his/her sub's who are getting one over on him/her.

The Feldco is not a great choice in my book. Just look at their BBB ratings and make sure that is a company you want to do business with. And unless you like the idea of "non-purposeful venting" window...stay away. I think the Air Infiltration numbers on those windows are pushing 0.30. For example...a good window will be sub 0.05 (at least 6X better).

If you are in Milwaukee...how come you haven't called HomeSealed yet? They run the best, hands down, shop in WI.

MrAngelo

#3 Post by MrAngelo »

I did contact homesealed. Recommendation from co worker and I read about how good they were on this forum. But they quoted me 2x the price of what other companies were quoting.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Keep in mind Homesealed is using a much better product and Im quite certain his installers are much more qualified. I don't want to cast aspersions on the other companies but Im wondering if they are just using sub contractors. Have you had a chance to compare products? Its pretty much apples and oranges there.
Homesealed is on a different level as far as companies go. Remember, you get what you pay for.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Mr. Angelo, if you shoot me an email with your info I'd be happy to take a closer look at your project. We find that we aren't the cheapest in town, but not the most expensive either. Coming in at twice as much makes me think that something may not be matching between quotes. Perhaps quantity, installation type, or something like that.

brandon@homesealed.com