Window mfg identofication

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Veejayel

Window mfg identofication

#1 Post by Veejayel »

I'm trying to find replacement window sashes for a twin double hung window that appears to have been installed by "windowizards" out of eastern pennsylvania, who has been out of business for 10 years. My understanding is that they branded their own windows. I found a sticker that reads

WINDOWIZARDS
I323118 BATES
2600 double hung
Solarban60 AR/KR top
6 lite col top 2v1h
Sash size 30 7/16 x 27 7/16
Mdl2600 ttn
Double locks
Order 226616
Line 4
Lot 92354
Bin 5
Pos top

I suspect that this may be an okna window being that they were both bases in eastern pa....is there any way to tell? All of the other windows in the home were replaced in 2018 (house fire) and offer no help to find sashes for this window, as they are slightly different dimensions. They came from alside and funny enough, offer absolutely no other branding.

Thank you in advanced !!!!
20210310_192703.jpg
20210307_185129.jpg

TheWindowNerd

Re: Window mfg identofication

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Do you need new glass or new sash?
IDNK if they have any cocoa color left.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

That's an old Accu-Weld Epoch 2300 that was made under a private label for Window Wizards. Accu-Weld was sold to Haddon Industries which sunk real fast in 2008. You cannot get a replacement sash for that cocoa window. I have a homeowner with the exact same windows and labels. We are replacing a few at time with OKNA bronze out white in units. I was also very briefly an Accu-Weld dealer and personally know the rep that handled that account. The former owner of Accu-Weld was a good guy and passed away a few years back suddenly. It's a very easy sash to re-glaze with any manufacturers replacement IGU. It's a 7/8" thick glass unit. Accu-Weld utilized double-strength glass with tin plated steep PPG Intercept spacer.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

Soft-Lite and Polaris carry a cocoa brown window if replacement is necessary. (I prefer to call it pre-faded brown).

Veejayel

#5 Post by Veejayel »

Thanks guys, that makes is very simple; i'm on the market to habe the windoe replaced. The sashes are actually slightly melted and the glazing strips are pretty badly damaged.