Provia vs. Seaway

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
birdog3344

Provia vs. Seaway

#1 Post by birdog3344 »

Restarting this with more information:

Deciding between 2 quotes for 5 casement windows (and 1 sliding door).
How do PROVIA and SEAWAY casements matchup?

1. 5 Provia Endure windows (4 single casements and 1 picture window). + 1 Provia sliding door
TOTAL = **$7500**

2. Install new all white Seaway commander casement windows with double pane clear glass (no grids). Your new Seaway windows have foam filled frames (not hollow like others). They come with a no prorated lifetime manufacturer’s (Seaway) warranty that will include coverage for accidental glass breakage. + 1 Provia sliding door
TOTAL = **$8700**

I do have a 3rd quote for Harvey windows and Anderson door:

5 HARVEY CLASSIC VINYL CASEMENT REPLACEMENT WINDOWS. STANDARD SCREENS AND STANDARD WHITE
HARDWARE. THE UNITS WILL HAVE NO GRIDS IN THE GLASS
1 ANDERSENT PERMASHIELD 6 FOOT SLIDING DOOR MODEL #PS61611. THIS
UNIT WILL BE MADE TO ORDER, BE EQUIPPED WITH STANDARD SCREEN AND WHITE HARDWARE AND WILL HAVE NO GRIDS
BETWEEN THE GLASS.
 REPLACEMENT INCLUDES CAULKING ALL CRACKS AND INSULATING SPACES,
REMOVING EXISTING WINDOWS AND ANY STORMS AND INSTALLING NEW
WINDOWS LEVEL AND PLUMB. CONTRACTOR RESPONSIBLE FOR REMOVING ALL
DEBRIS.
5 Harvey Classic Vinyl Replacement Windows @ $765.00 EA $3,825.00
1 Andersen 6 foot Sliding Door @ $3,775.00 $3,770.00
TOTAL = **$7,595.00**

Thank you for any input!

owenj7920

Re: Provia vs. Seaway

#2 Post by owenj7920 »

Hi all,

I am considering three vinyl replacement window options and two sliding glass door options for my house. I have 16 windows, two small "hopper style" windows, and a sliding glass door. All of the options are within the same price range.

The first option is Okna Insul-Tec windows and a Soft-Lite sliding glass door. This is the most expensive option.

The second option is Seaway Accolade windows and a Sunrise sliding glass door. This is the least expensive option.

The third option is Seaway Encore windows and a Sunrise sliding glass door.

All of the windows are vinyl, double-hung windows with Low E Argon gas filled glass.

Does anyone have any experience with these windows and/or doors? I realize that the installers are equally as important, and I'm reasonably confident in both of the installation companies, so at this point it's about the window/door options. Basically I am wants to know more, but I am unable to find that. I'd greatly appreciate any input as I've found this to be a very complicated decision. Thanks in advance!

I have Seaway windows, in the double hung, casement, and bow window style. The oldest ones are 7 years old, newest one only a couple of years old. I think they are an excellent product. They look good and appear to be well constructed. I found Seaway Customer Service to be pleasant to deal with and very accomodating when I called them to inquire about the type of handles available on the casements . Overall I would buy them again if need be. Good luck with your decision!

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm confused Owen, are you considering three options and looking for feedback, or are you responding to the OP and sharing your experience with Seaway?
Secondly, I always recommend that homeowners go through their dealer/installation company regarding product questions etc. They are here to be your "concierge" of sorts with the manufacturer. You'll get much better, more personalized service that way.

@birddog, not sure how you had no response, perhaps this was a duplicate thread? Either way, while neither Sewage or Provia are awful, that pricing has you in the range of a top performer IMO. Okna, Softlite, Sunrise, etc.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

I have found to sewage to be quite awful.

cooperc271

#5 Post by cooperc271 »

HomeSealed wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:15 pm I'm confused Owen, are you considering three options and looking for feedback, or are you responding to the OP and sharing your experience with Seaway?
Secondly, I always recommend that homeowners go through their dealer/installation company regarding product questions etc. They are here to be your "concierge" of sorts with the manufacturer. You'll get much better, more personalized service that way.

@birddog, not sure how you had no response, perhaps this was a duplicate thread? Either way, while neither Sewage or Provia are awful, that pricing has you in the range of a top performer IMO. Okna, Softlite, Sunrise, etc.
Do you have any installers in the Chicago area who specialize in Dryvit or EIFS?

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

It is getting more confusing on what you want and what you’re asking every time you post. I’d take one subject and clarify before moving on to the next.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

I'm not a fan of ProVia's vinyl sliding patio doors. Way too many problems with them. The mechanical frame is under engineered in my opinion and too flimsy. The handlesets are very fussy and hard to dial in which leads to service calls. I'm fine with Sunrise or the Soft-Lite, however I like the OKNA the best in a vinyl slider. We don't have any Seaway dealers around here anymore for me to know of their products first hand. I like some of what I've seen from their website.