ideal Platinum 3000 vs Simontons Reflections 5500 in MD

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tmwelch

#1 Post by tmwelch »

Having 5 double-hungs and 4- 2 section sliders along with patio sliding glass doors replaced.

helping son's mom replace a 30 year old falling apart windows ......

You reviewed the Ideal Platinum 3000 Series before so copied the info on Platinum 3000 Series because of the same windows and patio sliding glass door.

The C0 2 did not mention the U or SHGC or VT or AIR maybe I need to go back do more research but more than likely the "Simontons Reflections 5500 " does not have variants (I hope) and you would be familiar with them.

Both INSTALLER companies highly regarded, either in BBB and Checkbook or both.

Co. 1 - family owned business since the ~1980s high ratings in BBB and Checkbook.

Ideal Platinum 3000 Series, U .22, SHGC .20, VT .44 , Air .02 Or Energy Green package U.28, SHGC .28, VT .50, Air .02

PH Tech Sliding Door 60 x 80, $1350 U.29, SHGC .27, VT .51, Air .12

windows $4320 & patio slider $1550 .... Total -> $5870

Co. 2 - family owned business also has high ratings in BBB and Checkbook.

We will use Simontons Reflections 5500 in white with low E, argon gas, grids, 1/2 screens. We have 5 double hungs and 4- 2 section sliders. Also 1- simonton narrow frame sliding patio door in white with low E, argon gas, no grids, screen, keyed lock, footbolt. All installed complete.

All trash removed..............Total -> $6,637

What is your recommendation? I am suspecting INSTALLERS both highly recommended and windows similar just go with ideal Platinum 3000,.... I also saw similar reviews at www.replacement-windows.com before but does not hurt to ask specifically regarding these windows and quotes.

Thanks Tom Welch

Windows on Washington

Re: ideal Platinum 3000 vs Simontons Reflections 5500 in MD

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Any history with either installer?

Pretty aggressive pricing on both to be honest.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have installed both and do not find them to be worth purchasing.
I would suggest Vytex Potomac or Fortis. Okna/HiMark 800DX or 500DX are excellent.
wayne

tmwelch

#4 Post by tmwelch »

both installers extremely highly rated in WASHINGTON Checkbook.

both had massively good customer accolades and both say they support their customers with customer service afterwards and their customer comments bear this out. The Simminton installer gave me 3 customers to call. I visited one customers house to see actual sliding door and windows installed. Nice guy said door shattered within year but was rapidly replaced. Not sure whether that's great that door shattered.......

After email to Kessington (KHPP) vinyl windows Manufacturer who gave me local installation company (I have Kessington Quatum 2 in my house) the local rep called back said they could sell Kessington (KHPP) Ascent and Genesis.

any ideas on KHPP Ascent and Genesis?

I will look into Vytex Potomac or Fortis. Okna/HiMark 800DX or 500DX are excellent. but it's about finding good installers that sell windows in my area but will look.

Windows Nation sent out sales rep with a hustle he said 16000$ buy today 9000$ but let me 1st talk with my manager and don't buy it by Sunday (he came on Friday) it will be 12000$ guaranteed for a few months......

Worked my way thru 2 College degrees cleaning cars at car dealers and boats back in Massachusetts.

Felt like I was buying a used car.