Okna 800 lift rail -- how far does it stick out?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
penelope2

Okna 800 lift rail -- how far does it stick out?

#1 Post by penelope2 »

I fell in love with the Okna 800 windows and have ordered them for my house ... and now am panicking about the lower sash lift rail.

We have motorized blinds on all our windows that cost a lot to install, and I'm worried that those lift rails are going to stick out and interfere with the blinds, and so they won't hang flat or might even get caught on the lift rails when they're lowering.

Are these generally designed to work well with blinds, or is this is a concern?

Our blinds are outside-mounted and they hang 0.625 inches away from the sash. I'm having trouble picturing a lift rail that doesn't protrude that far and is still usable!

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 800 lift rail -- how far does it stick out?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not far at all. Maybe 3/8" or so. Never seen it be an issue where they weren't pushed really close to the window.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

They don't stick out really any further than the vinyl lift rail on any other random vinyl DH bottom sash. I had a homeowner totally think that these things wouldn't allow her to keep her electric candles atop her stool by interference with the 800 metal lift handles. I showed her that it wouldn't be a problem with the sash out the sample and tape measure, she still thought it would be a problem. She went with the Soft-Lite Elements in which I still regret as virtually every unit had top sash incidental drift from bottom sash operation. Whenever she went to lock the windows the keepers were out of alignment which cannot happen at all with the 800. It was a real pain to modify the SL balances to not allow the top sashes to hardly move to stop this from happening. This was the final nail in the coffin with SL for me.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Since your blinds are OB, there should be no problem.

Another option is to order the windows with no sash handles on the lower sash.

theWindowNerd

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

True.

They do hate when you ask for that modification at the factory. You would think you are asking them to reinvent the wheel.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

The next time I see the 800 handles interfere with window treatments where they did not before will be the first. As the other pros have stated, they don't project any farther than a typical vinyl lift rail or a lift rail on a wood window. The only thing that could causing an issue is if the new window is set further to the interior during the installation, but that is not a product issue at that rate.