Replacement Window Appearance

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kowens85

Replacement Window Appearance

#1 Post by kowens85 »

I am located western suburbs of Philadelphia. I have 20 year old vinyl windows that need replacing. A couple of contractors have recommended replacing windows instead of installing new construction windows. The replacement windows would sit on the current interior sill and against the interior vertical finish trim pieces. They indicated the window trim was nicely done and they did not want to disturb it and it would be lower cost. My concern is the external appearance. I did not want to see a large picture frame around my windows (i.e., filling space with trim due to smaller replacement window. Is this the way you install replacement window? Should I be concern about the picture frame appearance?

I am considering the Marvin Essential (cost: 14K - 10 windows) or Okna Enviro_Star (cost:8K - 10 windows)

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement Window Appearance

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Quite a normal application to be honest.

If you are in Philly, have you reached out to the guys on the forums that service that area?

The Okna 800 is a great window and while I do like the Marvin product, I certainly don't see $600 per unit value add in their case.

kowens85

Re: Replacement Window Appearance

#3 Post by kowens85 »

How do you find the Philly guys that service my area?