PGT vs. Soft-Lite vs. ViWinTech

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
PaneInTheGlass

PGT vs. Soft-Lite vs. ViWinTech

#1 Post by PaneInTheGlass »

Hi All,

Hoping you can point me in the right direction in terms of quality and value for the money. I’ve got the following quotes from reputable local window companies:

ViWinTech Shoreline 3100 - $10,100
Soft-Lite Barcelona - $11,200
PGT - $11,650

The home is in the Tampa, FL area. Hoping to hear your thoughts on how you would rank the three window options if money weren’t part of the equation, and also if there is a substantial difference between them or if I should shop based on price. Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: PGT vs. Soft-Lite vs. ViWinTech

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not familiar with the first product on your list. I do know that PGT and SL make well regarded products.

They are changing the names so I don't know what the Barcelona product correlates to in the line up as I used to know it.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

The PGT and Softlite are the more highly regarded of the three. You should be in good shape based on that. While price is obviously a factor, shopping "based on price" rarely ends up with the best possible outcome. Dig a little deeper into the product and the installation company, especially that latter. That could more than make up a price discrepancy of this size or greater.

uncle eddie

#4 Post by uncle eddie »

Softlite