Pella 250 Sunrise or Okna

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MicheleMerritt

Pella 250 Sunrise or Okna

#1 Post by MicheleMerritt »

I've gotten a quote for the Pella 250, I need 26 double hung windows so approaching 28k installed. I've tried to find a dealer for Sunrise Windows and Okna Windows in my area, Aiken SC/Augusta GA area, but haven't gotten a response back yet. I'm being told the "fourth of July promo pricing" was not available after today so went ahead with the quote and paid, but do have 72 hours to stop the order. I was also told, and sold, the Pella 250 with the understanding that it was really the 350 but that model is discontinued and the 250 has taken its place. Just before I signed on the dotted line, the salesman told me that in fact all of the design features I liked on the 350 is now not available...disappointing. I love the more classic look of the external girds in a colonial pattern and it fits the look of our older home. Are the Sunrise and Okna Windows worth waiting until someone contacts me? Or should I stick with the Pella? Head spinning...

Windows on Washington

Re: Pella 250 Sunrise or Okna

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes. External pressures on a substandard product are just noise.

Pratul2

#3 Post by Pratul2 »

I am in Atlanta, GA and going thru the same process. I looked at Pella 350 first because it was rated as the best by Consumer Reports. When I found that that model has been discontinued and looking at forums like these, I started to look at other brands. I have looked at Okna and Softlite and waiting to see Vytex Fortis on Wednesday. Okna and Softlite and much better both in terms of looks as well as the performance numbers. It doesn't hurt to see that these cost much less. My quotes for 30 windows (26 double hung and 4 picture windows) are as following:

Okna 500 - $18,277.00
Okna 600 - $18,849.00
Okna 800 - $19,399.00
Soft-lite Elements - 22,150.00
Pella 250 - $25,399.00

These quotes are for replacing existing windows, repairing any damaged trim and wrapping the external brickmold in PVC coated Aluminum. These all include discounts for cash payment.

Just as an example: Air Leakage index on the Pella 250 is 0.1 while on Okna 800 it is 0.01. I.e. Air leakage on the Okna is 10 times less that Pella 250.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Ricknez

#4 Post by Ricknez »

I believe the pella 250 air leakage rate is higher than .1 on a double hung. Its not good window in my opinion.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I can't see any justification to NOT pick the 800 here. Best window of the line up and on marginally more expensive than the 500 and less than the 250...slam dunk of a decision. This assumes that the installer is a good company.

MicheleMerritt

#6 Post by MicheleMerritt »

Thanks all...from what I've seen here, believe I will cancel the Pella 250 order and wait for a Okna or Sunrise rep to call me.

toddinmn

#7 Post by toddinmn »

The Pella is inferior in more ways than one, pretty much any way. . You must of got pricing from Pella, they price that budget window at Renewal by Andersen prices.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, Cancel that contract so that you can consider your other options. In all likelihood you will prefer one of the others.

joestein514

#9 Post by joestein514 »

We had over 30 windows to replace and were quoted $650 a piece for Pella 250s installed. We were also quoted $1200 a piece for Pella Lifestyle.

We got this price through a Pella Master Contractor that I found on their website. I also got a quote from Pella themselves. It was more than double the price of the Pella Master Contractor.

After speaking to everyone here, we ending up going with Starmark EVO windows - which are made by OKNA. They are composite windows vs Vinyl. I think we paid around $950/window installed. I am hoping they will be here and installed in Sept.

Also... my prices are new construction installation (My home was built with Vinyl windows and you can't use a replacement window).

Good Luck