What size Milgard retrofit window to order

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MRWindows

What size Milgard retrofit window to order

#1 Post by MRWindows »

Hello all,

Can anyone tell what size Milgard retrofit window I should be order to replace my current window (see attach. pictures)? I currently have a pushout window that I cannot open and I want to replace with a slider.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Attachments
68250DC4-D842-464D-AAA9-8C8EB6515E98.jpeg
417C2B14-2B87-46E4-B8EF-45CB9899230D.jpeg
44540397-17FF-4664-894B-EACBE3A91103.jpeg

HomeSealed

Re: What size Milgard retrofit window to order

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Not knowing where the other end of the tape measure is along with photos that aren't straight on makes that tricky when 1/4" could mean the difference between a good fit and difficulty.

I always recommend that the person who will install the window be the one to measure.... and for folks that are planning to install themselves, doing so without knowing how to measure is not typically a winning proposition.

MRWindows

#3 Post by MRWindows »

I measured from the same trim on the other end of the window, sorry it was hard to take a picture of the whole window while holding my measuring tape.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Said on the other forum. Looks close. Also looks like they padded the opening in once before.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Looks to me that the window is a tilt and turn or open in casement. If you have been trying to push out that could be your problem.
You measurements are inside the stops. The stops come off to remove or install the new window. You need to measure the sash opening, the width and height with out the stops, then make what ever deduction you want for insertion and adjustment, normal is 3/8 to 1/2”.

TheWindowNerd