Marvin Infinity vs. Essential

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
DenverWindows

Marvin Infinity vs. Essential

#1 Post by DenverWindows »

Hi guys,

First, thanks for all the great content on here. Started the replacement window process a couple of weeks ago and didn't realize the depth and breadth of (mis?)information that was out there. This place has been amazing. Might have a couple of questions coming up in the near future but for now I wanted to start with an easy one:

what's the difference between Marvin Essential and Marvin Infinity? I had a showroom person today describe the Essential as a new build window and mention that it was roughly half the thickness of the Infinity. a) is that true and b) does it matter that much? I was under the impression that the Essential "superseded" the Infinity but now I'm like I guess I know nothing.

Thanks

toddinmn

Re: Marvin Infinity vs. Essential

#2 Post by toddinmn »

It’s not half the thickness but I do not know the difference . The Infinity is Marvin’s answer to the overpriced Andersen Renewal . It is reserved to select dealers that typically reserve the right to price gouge you based upon exclusivity and marketing. These are 2 different products in 2 different price groups . Basically it’s gonna come down to price and looks, installation quality aside.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We are Marvin authorized replacement contractors.
We use both the Essential and Elevate series. I can not comment on the Infinity product. But as Todd stated the price is higher because of the way it is brought to market.

I would suggest looking at both the Essential and Elevate lines, get the AL test results, and pricing for both.

theWindowNerd

DenverWindows

#4 Post by DenverWindows »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've looked heavily into the Marvins based on some of your previous replies and what I've seen elsewhere.

As of now, for 14 windows, most of which are double hung minus one picture window with an arch at the top, I've seen the following quotes:
- 36k, which included 4 Elevates for the picture window and 3 of the larger double hungs, rest Essential
- 25k, all Essentials (windows 12k, labor 13k), although the owner was aghast that I'd consider anything other than Signature for my historic home
- 30k, Infinity (back of the napkin)

I do have a home built in the 1890s, but I've been a little surprised so far by the prices.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

I’d get some more bids, the Elevates typically are lower priced then the Infinity. Gotta rule out a napkin bid at this point.