Vinyl Double Hungs in Ohio for $500 ish??? Screen options? VT and glass surface area... mind numb!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Runabout

Re: Vinyl Double Hungs in Ohio for $500 ish??? Screen options? VT and glass surface area... mind numb!

#31 Post by Runabout »

Thanks ToddinMN.

Yea they said about 18 weeks but said it could be sooner but well.. I have heard all the reports about the massive backups at the ports and well, the supply chain is jacked for sure. I am just hoping they come before the bitter cold does. I am not planning to do a lot of taping up frost king plastic this year... so sick of that routine!

I did a little digging and it sounds like dissimilar glass is the best bang for the buck for reducing some noise so I asked for pricing on that for 5 of the windows.
when
I did not see an option for the Ultravue screens, have 5 windows I would like to have the least noticable screen possible. I suppose I can rescreen on my own if they don't offer it. We did rescreening when I was a window cleaner.

Would you happen to know what white paint is an exact match for the Thermalweld white vinyl? I am going to have to paint some on both the inside and outs after the install. I know I can take it and have them match it but figured it would be good to have a formula if there is one known.

Thanks a million!

toddinmn

Re: Vinyl Double Hungs in Ohio for $500 ish??? Screen options? VT and glass surface area... mind numb!

#32 Post by toddinmn »

The Ultravue is an option.
It would be news to me if the offset glass was an option with Polaris, let me know if it is.
Even though offset glass is a bit cheaper then laminated , it still can be speedy. Usually offset glass packs are using 4.7 mm and 3mm glass.
I can dig up the paint code late today.

Runabout

#33 Post by Runabout »

Todd, thanks a million. I wish I knew someone in MN so I could spread the word about you.
I really appreciate your help.

I asked for a revised quote for the Barringtons with the reinforcements, etc and dissimilar glass. I hope that Polaris is doing that but if not, maybe Soft-lite is. I might have to peek at Marvin and Jen-Weld although when I was in the Marvin showroom I was not at all wowed with anything... but actually being able to hear the tv on a Saturday afternoon would be a treat, or to hear oneself thinking!

Really appreciate you!

Runabout

#34 Post by Runabout »

So was not able to get the windows ordered in 2021. I'd ask for clarification on a few things and the dissimilar glass and basically got crickets from the contractors.

So I called Polaris today and was told that no, I could not get two different thicknesses of glass - the only option was laminated. And for like a 30x65 double Hung that would be an extra 250 per window which isn't worth it for me. I can get my kitchen counter and backsplash replaced for that. I did call and leave the messages at the end of 2021 but I figured they were probably having staffing issues and whatnot.

She also told me that better view was the best screen I can get. I wonder how you're getting the ultra vue. Or if you're still able to.

I'm going to ask the contractor about 3 mm glass. She did say more like 10 weeks was there time now. Fine by me I had to put plastic on my windows anyway...

Here's hoping by late spring I'll have Windows!