Softlite Imperial Elite vs Joyce Heritage

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
blackbox

Softlite Imperial Elite vs Joyce Heritage

#1 Post by blackbox »

Hi -
I'm in contract with a Soft-Lite dealer for Imperial Elite windows. It's a dealer I have used in the past that did great work for me. I went with them again due to the quality of installation and I liked the Soft-lite product.

They called me today saying they are having issues with Soft-lite and they are way behind on delivery times. It could be April before our windows are in. He is offering "Joyce Heritage Deluxe with the LoE 366 glass, argon gas, Neat glass (with .060 laminated glass) with Dual Tech Latch n’ Lock hardware, foam filled frame and sash, reinforced meeting rails and magna seal sill" as an alternative he could get in a couple of months earlier for the same price.

My replacements are more of a maintenance item - there is nothing wrong with them that won't survive another month or two. I can't find much at all on Joyce Windows. He said he's still willing to honor the Softlite deal but to expect significant delays. Is there any reason to go with the Joyce, or is sticking it out waiting for the Softlite a better idea?

toddinmn

Re: Softlite Imperial Elite vs Joyce Heritage

#2 Post by toddinmn »

Not that familiar with Joyce, but my guess is the Soft-Lite is a better unit with better performance numbers.
I would wait, there is no guarantee that Joyce won’t experience delays and Soft-Lites lead times may also improve.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

I had a Joyce rep stop by my office a while back and he showed my the window which appeared to be very well made.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

Did he show you any performance numbers?
Not a lot of info on this window.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

If I remember correctly a .27 uvalue. They used cardinal glass with their stainless spacer. They are also one of the only companies that offer a “ cream white” option.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Posted on the other forum as well. Solid window/brand.