Good vinyl brand in oklahoma

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Notbeforethecoffee

Good vinyl brand in oklahoma

#1 Post by Notbeforethecoffee »

Hi all,

I’m currently starting my first window buying adventure. I don’t know much about windows in general, only that I need new ones.

I’m replacing 24 original double hung wood windows in my 100 year old house. I suspect vinyl is the route I’m going to go because of cost and efficiency.

It seems there are some great vinyl window companies now. I have 3 estimates so far.

Wincore 7700 12,000
Simonton 5500 14,000

Thermal aluminum 25,000 - not even considering really

The vinyl window quotes seem good but what do I know.

I wonder if anyone here knows of reputable installers in Oklahoma that offer soflite, Okna, or sunrise windows? They seem very good from the comments on here.

I’m having a hard time find what window installation companies offer from their websites. I can’t get much information from the manufacturer websites either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Windows on Washington

Re: Good vinyl brand in oklahoma

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Wincore is basically a duplicate of the Simonton window. Started by the same guys that previously started and owned Simonton.

How about the companies proposing the installation?

Notbeforethecoffee

#3 Post by Notbeforethecoffee »

The simonton installer has been around for 50 years and has a good reputation. I was referred to the Wincore installer by a building supply business. It is a small company and I can't find much about him on the web.

Are those good estimates? Would you search out contractors who install soflite/sunrise or are the Simonton pretty good?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I don't want to crap on the Simonton window because it's decent, but its just an "OK" window. If there is a Soft-Lite or Sunrise dealer around, you'd be well served to just, at least, look at that window. You have a price in hand with the Simonton at this point, so if either of those windows are more...you can decide if they are worth the premium in that case.

Notbeforethecoffee

#5 Post by Notbeforethecoffee »

Thanks for your input.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to that feedback. Simonton is an older design and not a top performer anymore, but depending on what you have available out in Oklahoma you may not find much better. Its a proven product.

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

NT Windows should be available in Oklahoma and they would be a good alternative to Simonton; not in the same league as Soft-lite or Okna, but a decent option to consider.

toddinmn

#8 Post by toddinmn »

Those prices are low, the 5500 is outdated but still much better than them the crap most builders use today. You can option them out to improve there thermal and structural ratings.I’d lean to the Simonton due to there large presence in the market.

Notbeforethecoffee

#9 Post by Notbeforethecoffee »

Thanks everyone!

I got a quote today for sunshield windows for 15k. I think they are made by don young. I can’t find out much about them. I have a quote coming for the alside mezzo series. Still no luck finding contractors who install soflite or sunrise. I asked about sunrise and one contractor said they weren’t around anymore? I suspect they just don’t offer them though.

Window buying is one of the more confusing home improvement endeavors I have been on that’s for sure.

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don Young is a well regarded product. How was the vendor?

Notbeforethecoffee

#11 Post by Notbeforethecoffee »

He seemed very nice. Only one 5 star review though. There is another don young installer I’m calling tomorrow that has been around for years and has great reviews. The first estimate was for the don young 5200 series. I’m not sure if that is the entry window or the middle of the road.

Windows on Washington

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

Randy from UltraWindows will probably pop in on this thread. He knows that product line really well.

Randy

#13 Post by Randy »

While I’m a big fan of Don Young’s aluminum windows, their vinyl lines are average at best. The 5200 is their single hung vinyl and the 5400 is their double hung vinyl.

To repeat what I posted previously on this thread, NT Windows would be a good mid-grade vinyl window to consider in Oklahoma.