Are prices of windows going up?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
novicehomeowner22

Are prices of windows going up?

#1 Post by novicehomeowner22 »

Good day to all,

I am in market (Louisville, KY) and am trying to get some quotes for replacing 6 windows (2 twin units and 2 single units). I am hearing that Simonton is raising their prices by 8 % from March 8th. Did anyone hear the same?

Thanks in advance.

Delaware Mike

Re: Are prices of windows going up?

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I cannot speak for Simonton pricing, but Sunrise has another price increase coming, OKNA just hit us with one, and there are constant Covid surcharges. It surprise me with what's going on with gas/oil prices if this gets a lot worse soon too.

Ricknez

#3 Post by Ricknez »

novicehomeowner22 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:56 am Good day to all,

I am in market (Louisville, KY) and am trying to get some quotes for replacing 6 windows (2 twin units and 2 single units). I am hearing that Simonton is raising their prices by 8 % from March 8th. Did anyone hear the same?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Price increases are happening across the board and its getting worse. Inflation is hitting every industry not just windows and doors. Once prices go up, they rarely come back down. Labor is going up as well in order for workers to keep up with inflation as well as the tight labor market.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Just got a 20% price increase on aluminum and sealants. More coming.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yes all types of things are increasing not just once a year but several times a year.
theWindowNerd

novicehomeowner22

#6 Post by novicehomeowner22 »

Thanks to all for confirming about the price raise.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Not only have prices gone up, Window Nerd's comment about them going up several times per year should be emphasized. Certainly there are many factors that may dictate the timing of your decision, but based on price alone, I'd move forward ASAP once you are ready and feel confident in your choice.

novicehomeowner22

#8 Post by novicehomeowner22 »

HomeSealed wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:54 pm Not only have prices gone up, Window Nerd's comment about them going up several times per year should be emphasized. Certainly there are many factors that may dictate the timing of your decision, but based on price alone, I'd move forward ASAP once you are ready and feel confident in your choice.
Thanks HomeSealed.