During & After Installation Advice

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jazzy

During & After Installation Advice

#1 Post by Jazzy »

Thanks so much for all the great information I've been able to get here. I've decided to go forward with a project involving Okna windows and sliding glass doors. How do I ensure that what I'm getting is what I'm supposed to get...Okna 800 DX windows & Okna Elegante sliding glass doors? What should I be looking for during and immediately after installation to ensure that the job has been done properly? Thanks again.

Ricknez

Re: During & After Installation Advice

#2 Post by Ricknez »

If you hired a reputable company, you are good, simple as that.
Most companies that use higher end products usually do good installs.
Last edited by Ricknez on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I think you should let the lead mechanic upon arriving and introducing the crew that you area little nervous. Ask if it is okay if you observe but do not interfere or "be up their butt".
At the end you should be shown how everything works. Visually inspect the exterior and interior. Ask if there are any punch list or service items outstanding.
I hope you are blessed and amazed by excellent workmanship and respect.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

The new windows and slider will have the NFRC stickers on the glass on every window and the door. Just ask them for one to be removed so you can keep for your records. That sticker will show that it's the Envirostar and Elegante.

Jazzy

#5 Post by Jazzy »

Thanks so much for all the responses. Excellent advice...much of which I wouldn't have thought of as this is my first window/patio door replacement. I've learned so much here. Greatly appreciate all the advice. Feel free to add to it if you think of anything else.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

As was mentioned, stickers will have the data on them.

Companies that install products such as the ones that you have chosen, tend to be equally as diligent on their installation protocols.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

I completely agree with every point above. Feel free to watch/check in, preferably without being a "helicopter". If you have questions, just ask. Most guys are happy to explain what they are doing.

Once the project is completed if there's anything that you aren't quite sure about (looks off or something like that), post back with any concerns.