Soft-Lite- Double Hung- $2873 per window?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
NWOhioPat

Soft-Lite- Double Hung- $2873 per window?

#1 Post by NWOhioPat »

I met with a Soft-Lite dealer in my area yesterday- And, it was quite an experience- and made me remember why "salesmen" get a bad rap. He gave me the "Factory price" @ ~$6000 per double hung ... But if I leave a google review and allow them to take before & after photos" as a factory direct dealer, he'll discount to $2873 per window.... the wording and presentation of those statements sorta irritated me :S

Meeting with Polaris & Sunrise next week, but wanting to know if my cost expectation should stay at $2500-$3000 per window?

Soft-Lite Imperial Elite:
$2873 per double hung window
Price includes: inspect & replace any wood issues in openings, install "premium" flashing to waterproof, taxes, permits, warranties, materials, labor, clean up and installation.

*Edit: "Double pane, 5 layers Low E, 100% Argon filled"

On top of trying to understand windows- Im also trying to get my arms around pricing expectations.
thank you again.

NW Ohio- Toledo area

Windows on Washington

Re: Soft-Lite- Double Hung- $2873 per window?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What was the company?

Given today's pricing, that would arguable be the "top of the market" pricing and more akin to what we see Andersen and Marvin charging for their replacement line ups.

But that does not mean he is on an island. Just as an FYI.

NWOhioPat

#3 Post by NWOhioPat »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am What was the company?

Given today's pricing, that would arguable be the "top of the market" pricing and more akin to what we see Andersen and Marvin charging for their replacement line ups.

But that does not mean he is on an island. Just as an FYI.
The company is Armor Vue in the Toledo area.. they apparently have branches in Florida where they started. They call their line "Platinum Series" and "Gold Series" .. I asked and upon checking the Sales rep confirmed the Platinum were the Imperial Elites... I didnt ask the "Gold Series" company line name.. he said they were more "builder grade". I called Soft-Lite and they didnt know what line either of them were as the dealers can name them?

I am one that believes quality is certainly worth paying for, and to get the highest quality you can afford (buy right and buy once). But the sticker shock really threw me.. I had it in my head it would be around $1000 per w/ install etc.

Plus Im not one for the tactic of "factory price is XX.. but I'll cut you a deal at 60% off for a google review"..

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I agree with WoW, that would definitely be "top of the market". That said, there are a few factors that would determine the value here:

- is that price truly per single dh unit, or are there perhaps some twins, triples, etc included there but only counted as one? IE: $2800 for a twin or triple dh is much different that $2800 for a single 36x36 unit.

- what type of installation? Pockets? Full frames? A hybrid? Any woodwork on the interior (and is it pre-finished if so?)

- what other product options? Interior and exterior color, hardware, tempered glass, etc, etc...

Lastly, is the company well reviewed?
I do agree that 60% off is egregious either way, yet on the other hand you often have to weigh a company that play pricing games but delivers a great product, against others that don't and don't.... Most markets have a few great, honest, established local companies that offer great work and a fairly no-nonsense approach, its just a matter of finding them.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

As HomeSealed shared it should be clear if that was a single DH, max 101 UI, glass options, grids, install type.

My initial reaction is I will come and do HiMark 800 DX for you at 2.8K each.

Keep searching there are excellent and fair dealers there somewhere.

theWindowNerd.com

NWOhioPat

#6 Post by NWOhioPat »

thank you all- you've given good thought for me.

Next week is the Polaris and Sunrise- so we'll see how it goes-- and you've suggested, I'll be double checking the ratings.

johnport

#7 Post by johnport »

Soft-Lite royally screws its customers by giving exclusives to only one dealer per area for the elements line. The couple elements dealers I've dealt with have been very sleazy to put it nicely and the walking definition of greed. That is around the price the same scummy dealers i've dealt with have given one of which while bragging how amazing business is and how he just signed a 100+ window contract for some mansion at even higher prices. Try other soft-lite dealers that dont sell elements for the imperial elite line which is still a very good window. In my experience their pricing was dramatically better and night and day more positive to deal with.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Saying a company is “ screwing its customers” just because you dont feel you benefit personally is a bit unfair and borders being ridiculous. Having only a few dealers in certain area’s is actually smart and helps minimize the “ jack of all trades” type contractors from ruining the good name of a product.

toddinmn

#9 Post by toddinmn »

The window business is a bit strange and some dealers take advantage of their exclusivity. In all fairness you found out you can get virtually the same product at cost that suits you. Soft-Lite does not control pricing and no other window manufacturers do either. Due to the variable details of installing a window MSRP prices such as buying a car are out the window.