What's a good casement replacement window to use in EC Kansas?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
57ringo

What's a good casement replacement window to use in EC Kansas?

#1 Post by 57ringo »

I'm in eastern ks & my house (cost $45K in 1982 to be built) has Crestline casement windows that need replaced. I want an upper grade of white casement windows that won't break the bank. I was leaning towards Marvin fiberglass windows but they don't seem to have the best reviews here. I've talked to a few other companies and some priced windows and installation more than the house cost....crazy!!! Also I'd like to get built in blinds in two windows that are in the garage to keep the sun out in the hot summer days. I talked to a couple venders at the state fair that sold ProVia windows and was quoted a whopping $4500 for two casement windows with built in blinds.... Absolutely crazy.
Last edited by 57ringo on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: What's a good casement replacement window to use in EC Kansas?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

White - White casement, I would go with one of the upper end vinyl units. Sunrise makes a great casement as does Okna and Soft-Lite.

TheWindowNerd

Re: What's a good casement replacement window to use in EC Kansas?

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

That nice to know $44K, what would it sell for today might be relavent, but maybe not.
The market in you area will determine the cost.
I my area SE PA, a single CA max 96 UI by Okna with a standard install would be $900.

My original 3bdrm 1.5 bath in the Philly suburbs cost $145K in 1988. It would now sell for between $350-400K.

theWindowNerd