Help with a decision

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cam

Help with a decision

#1 Post by cam »

I live in the Pacific NW and have scheduled an appointment with a window company for a home demonstration. I am looking to replace some of my old vinyl windows and am thinking about triple pane windows. I have heard of a Unigard or Uniframe window that is supposed to be good and was wondering if anyone could help fill me in on this window type and would know of some good companies out here. Thank you.

johnny shepherd

#2 Post by johnny shepherd »

[color=daI am somewhat in the same predicament you're in. I got a quote ($11,600) for 14 vinyl window replacement from Allgood in NC. He gave me a $1300.00 discount if I signed that day. This was for 14 windows and vinyl trim. The next salesperson I talked with quoted me a price of $13.600 for the same job and he would give me 2 storm doors installed but i had to sign that day. It is hard to figure the price of the window aside from the trim siding, which wasn't that much (siding). I have some questions about this window business. I believe it is a big racket. I am currently doing some research on these vendors.

Are there any legitimate vinyl siding and window installers in Eastern North Carolina? Please email me!!!!

I think these guys are taking advantage of us because we know very little about windows - how much they cost, installing them and stuff. We are sitting ducks.

I would be paying $529 dollars per window in one of the quotes. That seems a little rediculous to me. I might be wrong. Please help me out here. What is the going rate on windows and installation?

Johnny
rkblue][/color]

johnny shepherd

Re: Help with a decision

#3 Post by johnny shepherd »

cam wrote:I live in the Pacific NW and have scheduled an appointment with a window company for a home demonstration. I am looking to replace some of my old vinyl windows and am thinking about triple pane windows. I have heard of a Unigard or Uniframe window that is supposed to be good and was wondering if anyone could help fill me in on this window type and would know of some good companies out here. Thank you.
I sent the wrong message to the wrong post I believe. i'm learning my way around this website. i apologize.

johnny

RC

#4 Post by RC »

Johnny, forget about the pressure of the "sign today" deal. The price will be better tomorrow. Second, you've not told us anything about the size or window type, as well as your wall (inside and out). There is no way to evaluate the possible installed costs without knowing the details.
johnny shepherd wrote:[color=daI am somewhat in the same predicament you're in. I got a quote ($11,600) for 14 vinyl window replacement from Allgood in NC. He gave me a $1300.00 discount if I signed that day. This was for 14 windows and vinyl trim. The next salesperson I talked with quoted me a price of $13.600 for the same job and he would give me 2 storm doors installed but i had to sign that day. It is hard to figure the price of the window aside from the trim siding, which wasn't that much (siding). I have some questions about this window business. I believe it is a big racket. I am currently doing some research on these vendors.

Are there any legitimate vinyl siding and window installers in Eastern North Carolina? Please email me!!!!

I think these guys are taking advantage of us because we know very little about windows - how much they cost, installing them and stuff. We are sitting ducks.

I would be paying $529 dollars per window in one of the quotes. That seems a little rediculous to me. I might be wrong. Please help me out here. What is the going rate on windows and installation?

Johnny
rkblue][/color]

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

Depending on the window and the installation... $529 is still midrange in the window market. Doesn't shock me. Nationwide, double-hung replacements range from $300 to $1,000 each depending on installation difficulty, area and product selected. On a brighter note, they have one of the highest returns of any home investment... on multiple levels.