Pella Retractable Screen

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
dafreak

Pella Retractable Screen

#1 Post by dafreak »

I just ordered two Pella casement windows for my Kitchen. Does anyone have any thoughts on the rollscreens? The sales guy kind of steered me away from it saying that it takes up more window space? I love the idea of the roll screen in that location but I do not want to lose glass. Anyone knowledgeable about them? Also, are Pellas invisible screens worththe extra money?

Thanks

RC

#2 Post by RC »

The Rolscreens cover about 1.5 inch of visible glass at the top of your casement, but none on the left, right, or bottom. In my case, my miniblinds hang down more than that even when pulled all the way up, so it is a non-issue. Love 'em. I prefer them to other screens since they roll up, making absolutely clear glass, and makes it very easy to clean.

mike.windowguy

#3 Post by mike.windowguy »

easy to clean? Maybe the window, but not the screen. If you live in an area where cottonwood trees are plentiful, I would suggest standard screens

InfoSponge

#4 Post by InfoSponge »

Go into a Pella dealer showroom and take a firsthand look at their Vivid View screens. They definitely do show up less, but they are also fairly expensive, unless you just want to use them for a few key windows in the house that you often look out of (beside breakfast tables, behind a bird feeder, close to a front door, etc.). Be sure you are visually comparing against their current model "normal" screens and not a 1970-looking thicker aluminum screen, or a fiberglass screen from a generic window. The best thing to do it ask them if they can grab a normal screen off of a floor model and hold it up against a new vivid view one when looking through the same window glass.