Vinyl Repair in Chicago

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mike.windowguy

Vinyl Repair in Chicago

#1 Post by mike.windowguy »

Fellas,

A bit new to the Chicago market, and am looking for a specialty tradesman. I have a rather large job in the city, and the builder/tradesman have damaged a few sills to the point of necessary repair. Anyone know of vinyl "repair" guy around Chicagoland? The builder does not want to rip these out (unfortunately). Quite positive that "vinyl doctor" tube remedy is not the solution here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

md

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I know of nothing that can repair a vinyl window back to looking 100% if it's major damage. You may be able to carefully use a heat gun to massage it back to level if it's a dent right on the sill edge.

Any chance the window is a pocket sill window? If so, you could just unsnap the outer snap-in and replace the piece of vinyl.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

This is a vinyl repair kit that can be purchased from a company in SOuthern California to match many of the majore brands. IT is easy to use and looks great. It will not repair cracked welds, but minor holes, it will fix.

mike.windowguy

Thanks

#4 Post by mike.windowguy »

I found a guy. If he does a good job on this disaster, i'll share his name with you chi-town window geeks!

Mike

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If there is such a process, it's news to me.....and I'd be more than happy to learn about it for sure.
That's what's so great about these window forum sites....no matter how long you've been in the business, there is always something new to learn about that you didn't know existed. Keep us informed how it works.

earwax

#6 Post by earwax »

The company that makes kits for vinyl repair is....drumroll please........

Fiberlay Inc.
2425 NW Market St
Seattle, WA 98107
800-942-0660

It is sold in kits to be used once on a repair and has some chmicals in seperate containers that are mixed and then applied. It takes practice to make it look good. I would buy two or three if it is your first time and practice first. Kind of like measureing lumber beofre you cut it. Measure twice, cut once. Practice so you do not make the problem worse.

Some companies out here specialize in the repair. They also du bath tubs and showers. They tend to get damaged in construction as well.