Alside Excalibur vs. Softlite Imperial?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jlowen

Alside Excalibur vs. Softlite Imperial?

#1 Post by jlowen »

I am shopping replacement windows and would like some guidance if possible. So far I have looked at Renewal by Andersen, Softlite Imperial DH-11 and the Alside Excalibur. I have a Pella representative coming later in the week to talk to me about the Pella Impervia. While the RBA windows seemed like a solid product, they were very pricey and I have eliminated them from my short list. The Alside Excalibur and the Softlite Imperial were shown by two local windows contractors who have very good reputations and are very highly rated for window and siding work. I would feel very comfortable with either contractor. I am wondering if the windows are comparable in quality and if not which is the better window from a reliability/efficiency point of view. BTW, contractor selling Excalibur came in considerably cheaper than the Softlite contractor. But that may partly be due to the amount of overhead since the cheaper contractor did not have as large an organization, i.e. no office staff, etc.

Thanks for any responses,
John

Blackhatch

#2 Post by Blackhatch »

The Excalibur is a great window. I would be interested to see what his quote was.