Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windowshopper

Windows

#1 Post by windowshopper »

I don!t have a lot of options as I don!t want to deal with New England Sash for Schuco. Alside Excalibur was attractively priced and a local owner who has an outstanding record but I went to an actual local Alside Company Store that only sells to contractors and asked him about very recent problems I had read about with the Excalibur and he said the drain holes were falling out so they inverted them, the locks had problems so they changed locks and the last thing he said either the rail or something else was warping so they added a warp to it at the factory to relieve pressure and that it was okay now. Too many issues for my liking.
Simmonton only seems to sell to companies who wholesale and I would just have to choose some local contractor to install and I don!t want to do that. Winstrom aren!t available in this area. I don!t want Harvey, a personal choice. I have access to Accuweld but have read comments about quality with them. I also have access to Kensington and Plygem. One Plygem dealer came to the house and I asked the other to price over the phone and he did. The one who came to my house said I would need wood stops interior, no other dealer for any other company said anything about that. I don!t know if it is something about the Plygem window or not. I will have the guy who priced over the phone who is cheaper than the other Plygem dealer come to the house. He sounds very nice and we have been playing phone tag because of schedules. It is a shame I like Gorell but not the local dealers. I can get Plygem windows for about $430 per window, just a few dollars more than the Gorell 5300 with R-4 glass. I liked the Plygem window but the sample they had when locked had a lot of play in the window and they told me when it was installed in the house it should not do that. Should not? Either it won!t or I don!t want it.

How is Kensington, are they worth considering?